72x30x18 DIY build thread

Did a water change today about 10% volume. Things were going too good had to throw a wrench in it.

Haha


Really just the quarterly change + skimmer clean + sock swap + top off reagents

Crazy that a 10% water change is $20 . It's not feasible for larger systems at the level some of the folk "recommend"
 
Thought of you... 😀 🙄
20251220_100220.jpg
 
I would try to dig it out,give it some space to grow... 🙄
 
It'll grow another,if it does come off
 
The before GEESH

Trying to frag it the whole thing fell off.... no way to glue up that thing..... Stags dont base out, atleast not for me. Steveopora doesnt. Just foot on the gas forward.

2493.jpg
My Cali tort is probably 18-24 inches at its widest spread and I am convinced it has one little stalk supporting it all. No base out, like it could topple one day. Haha


Are you going to re-add a CBB? I’ve been thinking of getting one to put in my tank.


Corey
 
My Cali tort is probably 18-24 inches at its widest spread and I am convinced it has one little stalk supporting it all. No base out, like it could topple one day. Haha


Are you going to re-add a CBB? I’ve been thinking of getting one to put in my tank.


Corey
I did re add one. It failed to take .

Didn't eat :/ sad.
 
ask @tbrown ,pretty sure Grandpa Steve was using them ?
 
I have a Molly Miller. Never seen it touch Aiptasia but they reportedly do, yes. They're nocturnal mostly it seems like (or at least mine is). I also don't have an Aiptasia problem, but there are 4 or 5 in the tank.

My Berghia were added after dark in the 125 and survived the leucoxanthus and melanurus wrasses. Also had a single Peppermint shrimp in the 70 with both of them for more than a year. Haven't seen it in probably around 6 months though.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new