72x30x18 DIY build thread

My molly miller also never touched aiptasia. I'd strongly recommended a significant number of berghia in a low flow area of the tank introduced during lights out. They 100% eradicated my aiptasia over the course of 4 months. Not a single one since in 3 years, and I had several aggressive hunting wrasse when I added them.
 
I have a Molly Miller. Never seen it touch Aiptasia but they reportedly do, yes. They're nocturnal mostly it seems like (or at least mine is). I also don't have an Aiptasia problem, but there are 4 or 5 in the tank.

My Berghia were added after dark in the 125 and survived the leucoxanthus and melanurus wrasses. Also had a single Peppermint shrimp in the 70 with both of them for more than a year. Haven't seen it in probably around 6 months though.
Just 4 or 5, i have like 100 lol
 
Berghia, I put them in the sump where there are a billion aiptasia. They grow, spawn create an army. Will they crawl through the return pump to display? :D
Possibly. You can also go in after dark, suck one or two up in a turkey baster and place them in the display with flow turned off for 5-10 minutes.
 
Berghia, I put them in the sump where there are a billion aiptasia. They grow, spawn create an army. Will they crawl through the return pump to display? :D
Unfortunately they get into plumbing lines, overflow boxes and pumps
 
Unfortunately they get into plumbing lines, overflow boxes and pumps
He's talking about the Berghia, not the Aiptasia. He already has Aiptasia in the display.
 
Hey Nate...
1767189552621.png
 
Last night tried 3ml of vinegar, looking to slowly bring down nitrates, everything else is doing pretty good. Skimmer production was visibly improved 1/4 inch of brown water overnight, No clouds, I would imagine its a slow ramp that wins and accelerates all bacteria.

Attempting a slow couple day treatment to not overshoot or throw anything out of wack.
 
Last FTS of the year

PXL_20251231_211641222.jpg

Was a tough year .... Lost my job of 8 years, was with a company for 6 months , lost that job unexpectedly at a bad time to be looking.

I didn't hit my running goal, could be stress related idk.

I lost my grandmother this year.

Good things, I got to go to Australia.

My parents came to visit and are going to in a few weeks with my sister and her kids.

I have a great group of supportive friends.

I planted a ginseng plot , hopeful it works.

Found a new job finally mid November and it's going great so far.

Everyone under our roof is happy and healthy.

I hit my lifetime high annual mileage 2025! For the year.

Tonight sharing successes and failures with friends and maybe a few busscccchhhhh

#Cronies

PXL_20251231_211713637.jpg

PXL_20251231_211727556.jpg


PS I got gas
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new