72x30x18 DIY build thread

Did a water change today about 10% volume. Things were going too good had to throw a wrench in it.

Haha


Really just the quarterly change + skimmer clean + sock swap + top off reagents

Crazy that a 10% water change is $20 . It's not feasible for larger systems at the level some of the folk "recommend"
 
Thought of you... 😀 🙄
20251220_100220.jpg
 
I would try to dig it out,give it some space to grow... 🙄
 
It'll grow another,if it does come off
 
The before GEESH

Trying to frag it the whole thing fell off.... no way to glue up that thing..... Stags dont base out, atleast not for me. Steveopora doesnt. Just foot on the gas forward.

2493.jpg
My Cali tort is probably 18-24 inches at its widest spread and I am convinced it has one little stalk supporting it all. No base out, like it could topple one day. Haha


Are you going to re-add a CBB? I’ve been thinking of getting one to put in my tank.


Corey
 
My Cali tort is probably 18-24 inches at its widest spread and I am convinced it has one little stalk supporting it all. No base out, like it could topple one day. Haha


Are you going to re-add a CBB? I’ve been thinking of getting one to put in my tank.


Corey
I did re add one. It failed to take .

Didn't eat :/ sad.
 
ask @tbrown ,pretty sure Grandpa Steve was using them ?
 
I have a Molly Miller. Never seen it touch Aiptasia but they reportedly do, yes. They're nocturnal mostly it seems like (or at least mine is). I also don't have an Aiptasia problem, but there are 4 or 5 in the tank.

My Berghia were added after dark in the 125 and survived the leucoxanthus and melanurus wrasses. Also had a single Peppermint shrimp in the 70 with both of them for more than a year. Haven't seen it in probably around 6 months though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new