75 gallon, cycled for 5 mo. Wondering about corals?

Roanoake

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My first question here, probably of many! I have done freshwater tanks for about 4-5 years, recently got into saltwater a year ago
I have a established 75 gallon in my room, it has been cycled for about 5 almost 6 months, and I also have a established quarantine tank that has been up for a year (since I started)
I have corals coming in the mail, and I had seen a lot of conflicting information about corals and established tanks with fish already in them. At the moment, the tank is Live rock only, I am a little worried about the corals I will be adding, only two frags, a pulsing Xenia and a mushroom, will this be okay? And I very much appreciate any tips on how to go about acclimating the corals
the tanks inhabitants are a snowflake eel and a rescued powder blue tang with 3 cleaner shrimp! (They were meant to be food, silly eel never ate them)

IMG_8721.png IMG_8720.png
 
Should be fine as long as your parameters are good. Some fish only can get high in nitrates. Xenia will be fine no matter what really. The ricordea may be a tad more sensitive. Cycling is not really an issue for corals as they can tolerate small amounts of ammonia. Follow good acclimation practices which should come with your corals and all will be well.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new