75 Gallon Semi Aggressive Tank Stocking

Fish Novice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I am looking to get a 75-gallon semi-aggressive tank, here are my ideas (I won't get every fish on the list, that would be way overstocked. I'm more focused on who cant go with what.
  • One Spot Foxface
  • Snowflake Eel
  • Some Lobster, blue or purple
  • Hawkfish
  • Blue-spotted puffer
  • Marine Betta
  • Silver Belly Wrasse (Ill take other suggestions for a wrasse)
I do understand that the eel cannot go with the lobster, but I'm mainly wondering if the puffer would eat the lobster.

Thanks, Fish dude

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually a really good stock list, the only 2nd look would be for the foxface. I have a one spot in a 210g, and they grow somewhat fast and is really alot of fish. They will get to 7" quickly and are a rectangle shape, so about 4.5" tall. So just thing about if you want something like that to dominate the aquascape. Some of the lobsters are actually pretty tough, downright dabgerous, so do a little reading on that. Theoretically the lobster would be on the menu of the snowflake, but a larger lobster might just kill a baby snowflake. I've known lobsters survive in tanks with triggers, so my real concern wouldnt be the puffer, if sized appropriately.

OP
OP
Fish Novice

Fish Novice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it, id probably rather have an eel than a lobster. How big do the spiny blue lobsters get? Ive read they get to only 6 inches, but I've also seen red spiny lobsters get over a foot

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a reef or a fowlr, if it's a fowlr and you're looking for a nice yellow color, you could think about replacing the foxface with a lemonpeel angel. Those blue lobsters get huge also, it would likely dominant the bottom of the tank, I would definitely choose a snowflake. The lobster I like is the little debelius reef lobster, those are super tough for their size, but you'll likely rarely see them. With proper filtration I think you can pull off all you want, look into adding macro algae; in the display, a refugium, or reactor. Figure it this way; the eel is in a den, the betta is a cave dweller, the hawkfish is a percher, thayt's alot of swimming room for the wrasse, puffer, and one more open swimmer.

OP
OP
Fish Novice

Fish Novice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it, I'll probably get a flame angel, Kole tang, or lemonpeel. I'm still a beginner, thanks for the help!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back