93 gallon cube build.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I can't take it anymore. I have to have a tank again. I had made a promise to my wife that I wouldn't set up a tank in the house anymore. Well I'm a bad boy and its time to get on her bad side for a little bit. I have a 93 gallon tank sitting empty. I have a couple pieces left over from Macna so I decided to see how they look in the tank. I still have one piece I want to make for the tank and it may be a few months before it gets wet and odds are I change my mind multiple times. I also have a couple little tank projects I want to build so I am amassing equipment. So far I have most of the powerheads lights and skimmers. But that will be another build. Anyhow here is the structure I am putting in the tank. I made the back piece on the day my grandfather died. It turned out perfect. The front piece just fits with it.

Here is the top down.
DSC_0002-5.jpg

Full front shot.
DSC_0003-6.jpg

OP
OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the third piece is going to be really cool. I built a prototype for the final piece. This isn't going in the tank but it gives you an idea of the direction I am gonna go with it. I think it will look cool.
DSC_0010-6.jpg

DSC_0009-6.jpg

DSC_0008-6.jpg

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the look of the third piece, very creative. Excited to see how the tank turns out.

OP
OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually decided to take this in a different direction. I want to turn this into something else. I will put up some pictures when it is done.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those structures are just too cool!

OP
OP
gooch

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I figure if I am going to try something different I might as well do it on my tank. Those two structures are cool but I was thinking of making this a fish only tank and maybe only put a couple corals in it. It would be a total waste to use these two pieces in a fish only tank. Plus I think it would have fit a little nicer in a 36" cube.

Back