Acans and bacteria infections

CSlay79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple acans that have a slight pink coloration on some of their skeleton, but not pink like I've seen on some pics of an infection, there is not alot of pink just a little, but they all are healthly looking and open up everyday and come out to feed every night. If it was an infection wouldn't they be showing signs by looking stressed, ex.. not opening or reacting to anything ? Just want to make sure they are not sick, if they are I can treat em for it

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can post a picture of the issue. It might be that you are having issues with cyano bacteria. Lets look at that before you go dipping the corals when it is not needed.

OP
OP
C

CSlay79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not cyano bacteria but I can't get a good enough pic that u can actually see the pinkish/purple spot, but they are still lookking good, not showing any signs of stress I don't think it's anything to worry bout

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a favia and the skeleton under the flesh was bright pink, almost as pink as coralline algae. Even after the coral died, the skeleton was still a deep, dark red.

Back