Acan's need some help

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added two Acan frags from WWC on May 1st. They looked great for about a month but have been slowly going down hill since. I've been struggling with turf algae and whats looking like some bryopsis on one of the frags. They are still eating currently, and I see feeder tentacles out at night but overall they look really deflated. I've tried placing them higher up because I thought they weren't getting enough light or flow but they look just as bad if not worse. I've been dosing 1.5mL of NeoPhos daily to keep phosphate levels up. Really don't want to lose these guys.

Salinity - 1.024 (working on bringing this up)
Temp - 79
pH - 8.1
Alk - 9.3
Mg - 1410
Ca - 460
Nitrates - 10
Phos - 0 (upped dosing to 2mL daily)

Other than the NeoPhos, dosing 2mL of Red Sea AB+ daily.

IMG_3750.jpg IMG_3917.jpg IMG_3916.jpg

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the algae growing on the edges of the Skelton. They will continue to recede away until you remove it. I would pull them out of the tank, manually remove as much as you can then the spots where the algae is drop straight hydrogen peroxide on it or apply with a que tip. Leave the frag out of water while the peroxide does it’s job for about 5 min. Try not to get any on the acan tissue if you can help it. You may have to repeat this multiple times Days apart.

OP
OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the algae growing on the edges of the Skelton. They will continue to recede away until you remove it. I would pull them out of the tank, manually remove as much as you can then the spots where the algae is drop straight hydrogen peroxide on it or apply with a que tip. Leave the frag out of water while the peroxide does it’s job for about 5 min. Try not to get any on the acan tissue if you can help it. You may have to repeat this multiple times Days apart.

I will do this right now. Thank you

OP
OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to bump this thread since the acans haven’t gotten any better. They have actually gotten worse. One is almost completely receded into the skeleton but hasn’t lost any color. I don’t ever see feeder tentacles anymore and have tried a few different spots in the tank. Even the Favia in the picture has lost most of its color. Almost all of my LPS have slowly started going down hill except my euphyllia.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back