Acro Growth after 1 month

GatorDoc70

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2017
Messages
72
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I finally have gotten my tank stable. After a year of ups and downs and thinking I can’t keep any corals especially SPS, I think I’m going in the right direction. I got this Paletta Blue Acro from WWC off of one of their eBay auctions. The pic on the left is when I first placed it in my aquarium on 9/22 and the pic on the right was today. Hoping it will change to more of a blue but I do like the greenish color.

9F1DE6B6-3D4F-4965-A8ED-7B8CFE4393D2.jpeg
 
Wow! Great growth! Have any advice?
 
Wow! Great growth! Have any advice?
The only advice I can give so far is to place it in the aquarium and don’t touch it. Also make sure your Alk, Ca, and Mg are pretty stable. I have been keeping my Alk between 8 and 9, Ca around 440, and Mg around 1400. I have also been dosing Red Sea Trace colors.
 
The only advice I can give so far is to place it in the aquarium and don’t touch it. Also make sure your Alk, Ca, and Mg are pretty stable. I have been keeping my Alk between 8 and 9, Ca around 440, and Mg around 1400. I have also been dosing Red Sea Trace colors.
Thank you! What about feeding?
 
For feeding I’ve been using reefroids and adding polyp booster. I target feed my cavities and Davis, but broadcast feed the mixture for the other corals. This is working for me.
 
I believe you are correct, things are looking good for the future of your tank!
 
For feeding I’ve been using reefroids and adding polyp booster. I target feed my cavities and Davis, but broadcast feed the mixture for the other corals. This is working for me.
That should have said favites and favias. dang iPhone and it’s autocorrect.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new