OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty
If I was forced to make a $100 bet then I would go with stn over the next 2-3 weeks. Even though it won’t be true “stn” I most of the ppl here will call it that. The polyps will start to retract, then the tissue will look dull and dried out. At that point the coral will be dead but look like theres tissue. Lastly that remaining tissue will start to flake off.

Like I said earlier…stable means nothing if you don’t have the right system foundation. Fish poop is part of that foundation.

No offense. I hope I’m wrong
1 more week you owe me $100

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha
I said “if I was forced” to make a bet….but I’m not a betting man…..for good reason so it seems. Good luck with it.

Can you show us a current pic?
I know I was jk lol took this last night. I did do a water change yesterday so I’m kind of scared

78FE5341-D830-48E4-A936-D7E4BE6BF59D.jpeg

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an update
I tested my nitrate .25 a little high and phosphate 1.8 again a little high.
2 weeks and here’s an update of it
Did you mix up nitrate and phosphate here? If not, then it's definitely very bad to have a negative nitrate to phosphate ratio and that needs to be corrected.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mix up nitrate and phosphate here? If not, then it's definitely very bad to have a negative nitrate to phosphate ratio and that needs to be corrected.
Your right lol nitrate is 25 and phosphate is .27 with Hanna checke just now. Just added rowa

Last edited:

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get this color out of your acros with 0.2-0.3 phosphates? Any higher than 0.05 and mine just brown out.
Mine look the same at 0.40 as they have at 0.04. I don’t think po4 means anything….good or bad. Same with no3. Ppl kill more acros worrying about those numbers than climate change

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine look the same at 0.40 as they have at 0.04. I don’t think po4 means anything….good or bad. Same with no3. Ppl kill more acros worrying about those numbers than climate change
Its pulled out, but you’re right about the numbers. My tank colors looks good , shouldn’t have tried to lower it.

AstroMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. We are getting STN at the base of a purple stag horn after it has been in the tank for about 10 weeks. No idea what caused it - it was doing really well and growing fast.

I started to run UV about a week ago which coincides with the (visible) start of the troubles. The water is crystal clear now - was getting quite cloudy before on occasion - but I am worried about a bacterial imbalance this may have brought about.

Should I frag it above the STN at the base? It looks like the STN will continue to climb the stalk or maybe it's already too late. Good polyp extension still. PO4 is 0.17 - dropped rapidly from a steady 0.25-0.3 from the start about 2 weeks ago - no idea why. Nitrate is always about 20 since we started - first fish was 7 months ago. The tank is pretty stable wrt Calcium/MG which are ~450/1300 respectively. I'm not dosing anything apart from Alk which I am trying to raise very slowly (it is about 7.0 dKh and I am raising 0.5 dKh at a time - maybe dose once a week or 2). No detectable Ammonia or Nitrite - I admit I have stopped testing for these regularly unless I see an obvious bloom (which has happened just once about 2 months ago - it was nitrite 0.17 max for a week I think - I cleaned the filter floss in tap :oops:).

The frag was a freebie so no great loss apart from the frustration - we have also purchased a birds nest and a beautiful white SPS with gold/yellow/bright green polyps which are both doing well but only been in a week so...

Sorry to hijack your thread but I am interested in your situation. Great pics btw - looks amazing and good luck!

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 month Acro in my 5 month old tank update. Seems extremely happen even after a phosphate outbreak .

Attachments

• 9546D2E6-9686-4B2C-8A2E-ACD9E3A00163.jpeg
    9546D2E6-9686-4B2C-8A2E-ACD9E3A00163.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 49

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back