AEFW?

  • Thread starter Thread starter minus9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2017
Messages
6,450
Reaction score
6,941
Location
Los Angeles (SFV)
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this guy on the glass just now and I don't like the way it looks.
d0debd64e78f124f3c81e8ece5b4c3e5.jpg
2aa3d0fb0a19d5a145b67be2d0d12384.jpg
9ef2f994d9b180eae8e7e9ca810348fb.jpg
 
Doesn't look like standard AEFW. Could be small Polyclad, maybe Planaria? I'd still check all acros for bite marks
 
Yeah, it didn't look like what I've seen online as aefw and there are no bite marks on anything. I've seen some smaller planaria on the glass here and there, but nothing like this dude.
 
There's a type that feeds on LPS, they get a bit bigger as well. Can't remember scientific name, but they may be something to look into.
 
My guess is this guy likes snails, especially dwarf ceriths, which would explain the rapid decline in population.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new