AI hydra 32 mount

j_wilson_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
Just got my new Hydra 32s today with AI single light mounts.
Mounted one so far, but noticed the lights are a bit heavy for the mount itself, it kinda pulls the arm down a bit.
Anyone have any expeirence with this? Or have any tips to pull the light back up?

Thanks!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
Just got my new Hydra 32s today with AI single light mounts.
Mounted one so far, but noticed the lights are a bit heavy for the mount itself, it kinda pulls the arm down a bit.
Anyone have any expeirence with this? Or have any tips to pull the light back up?

Thanks!
Yep I literally just swapped from the AI Hydra for this reason. I had the same issue, it was tipping hardcore and had the mount tighten to the tank as much as I could. Mine was the Flex Arm mount though, not sure if you have the Rigid. I swapped though as my only solution would to be to hang it.

OP
OP
j_wilson_reef

j_wilson_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I literally just swapped from the AI Hydra for this reason. I had the same issue, it was tipping hardcore and had the mount tighten to the tank as much as I could. Mine was the Flex Arm mount though, not sure if you have the Rigid. I swapped though as my only solution would to be to hang it.
So for now, I actually cut a piece of black sponge to fit the bracket going down inside the AIO section so it's flush. It's not the sturdiest but it works for now.

Attachments

• 16303563113628049306306222879106.jpg
    16303563113628049306306222879106.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 70

Floreeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for now, I actually cut a piece of black sponge to fit the bracket going down inside the AIO section so it's flush. It's not the sturdiest but it works for now.

I had the same issue with this arm. But after reading the manual, because I am a man and don't read it from the start lol, I noticed that the holding bracket is backwards. The manual shows that the tightening screw should be on the other side (inside the tank, water side). After I swapped the bracket around it is much sturdier and doesn't sag.

The problem I have with this is that the mounting hardware is now somewhat in the water and I am not sure how safe that is. Does anyone know if these arms are water safe or would they start to leach contaminates in the water with time?

OP
OP
j_wilson_reef

j_wilson_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with this arm. But after reading the manual, because I am a man and don't read it from the start lol, I noticed that the holding bracket is backwards. The manual shows that the tightening screw should be on the other side (inside the tank, water side). After I swapped the bracket around it is much sturdier and doesn't sag.

The problem I have with this is that the mounting hardware is now somewhat in the water and I am not sure how safe that is. Does anyone know if these arms are water safe or would they start to leach contaminates in the water with time?
OMG .. that did the trick! Like my wife always says, read the directions... smh. Thank you!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back