AI hydra users

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my hydra!!!! im deployed and had my wife take comparison pics and im loving it, cant wait to get home to set it up. T-5 to AI HYDRA!

44.jpg
58.jpg
new stuff..jpg

Snitter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to subscribe to this thread. As i have 2 Hrydras. All i do is type a message like this and keep the check mark in the subsribe box and select how i recieve new posts on this thread? Is that all?

SaltyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just lowered my levels today...4 Hydras where installed on Feb. 4th. on a 96"x29"x18" tank. 215g at 12" off water line.

At first I had them at 8" off water line and had spot lighting, now at 12"...way better spread and coverage.

Had some minor bleaching..mostly just lighter coloring, seems to be a difference in just the last few hrs. Better PE and color.

Here are new levels..

W - 30%
V - 40%
R - 15%
G - 20%
DB - 90%
RB - 80%
UV - 40%

Nite is

DB - 5%
UV - 1%

4 hr ramp up/down
following Florida Keys Location
Favoring Blues

scastillo813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current settings on my H52s. Colors after 2000 are pretty much all blues.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400888315.859449.jpg

My SPS are doing awesome, but I'm still trying to find the sweet spot though.

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to figure that out. I'm trying to get the moonlighting set. And also the ramp up and down. So I have it currently set to sunrise, 10k,14k,14k, sunset. Boring huh

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that blue in person. Water a little cloudy from power head kicking up sand

Attachments

• 1401051739810.jpg
    1401051739810.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 498

Kalen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ai hydra fifty two

Hello I am new to this forum and I have read a lot good information about the ai hydra. I bought mine about two months ago and I love. I believe its worth every penny. I am just attempting to adjust the parameters for the light intensity. I dont have any coral on the tank yet. But I will be add a couple this thursday. And since I am new to saltwater I hope I get it right the first time. I have a jbj 30 rimless 23.6" x 19.7" x 16.5 with 27.5lbs of fiji live rock and 3 domino damsels in the tank right now. My water parameters are:

No2 - 0
No3 - 10
Nh3 - 0

Using the api master reef kit.
Salinity - 1.025

Ai hydra parameter

Starts at 8:00am
Ends at 7:45pm
Ramp time is 1 hour

White - 45%
Violet - 35%
Red - 30%
Green - 20%
Deep blue - 40%
Royal blue - 40%
Ultta violet - 45%

Working on getting the lights down to 8 hours. I had them at 12 on and 12 off but that didn't clgo over very well in the tank green algae all over my glass daily. Which is why I want to see what everyone else has there lights set at and to see if anyone has any suggestions. I am open for coments and suggestion.

Thank you to all.
IMG_20140525_230816.jpg
IMG_20140525_230816.jpg

KingOfPain86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am new to this forum and I have read a lot good information about the ai hydra. I bought mine about two months ago and I love. I believe its worth every penny. I am just attempting to adjust the parameters for the light intensity. I dont have any coral on the tank yet. But I will be add a couple this thursday. And since I am new to saltwater I hope I get it right the first time. I have a jbj 30 rimless 23.6" x 19.7" x 16.5 with 27.5lbs of fiji live rock and 3 domino damsels in the tank right now. My water parameters are:

No2 - 0
No3 - 10
Nh3 - 0

Using the api master reef kit.
Salinity - 1.025

Ai hydra parameter

Starts at 8:00am
Ends at 7:45pm
Ramp time is 1 hour

White - 45%
Violet - 35%
Red - 30%
Green - 20%
Deep blue - 40%
Royal blue - 40%
Ultta violet - 45%

Working on getting the lights down to 8 hours. I had them at 12 on and 12 off but that didn't clgo over very well in the tank green algae all over my glass daily. Which is why I want to see what everyone else has there lights set at and to see if anyone has any suggestions. I am open for coments and suggestion.

Thank you to all. IMG_20140525_230816.jpg IMG_20140525_230816.jpg

How high off the water are your lights? I would turn your whites down to 30% and your deep blue and royal blue up to around 70%. That may help with your algae problem. Although I would look at phosphates and how much you feed. That's just me. It may take you a while of fine tuning for your specific set up. Hope that helps.

Kalen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kingofpain86 I figured it may take me a while to do the fine tuning, was just looking for a base model to go off of and my lightis 11" off the water line which I just made that adjustment today. I will make that adjustment of my whites to 30% and my total and deep blue up to 70% and let you know. I would test my phosphate how ever when I got my api kit I didn't get any color charts which is a while different matter. Been battling with api top see when I'm going to get the charts that where not included. The only way I get my water tested is from my local pet store and since I have a new tank they only test for nh3, no2 and no3. But I'll let you know how v the light adjustments work for me. Thanks.

KingOfPain86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kingofpain86 I figured it may take me a while to do the fine tuning, was just looking for a base model to go off of and my lightis 11" off the water line which I just made that adjustment today. I will make that adjustment of my whites to 30% and my total and deep blue up to 70% and let you know. I would test my phosphate how ever when I got my api kit I didn't get any color charts which is a while different matter. Been battling with api top see when I'm going to get the charts that where not included. The only way I get my water tested is from my local pet store and since I have a new tank they only test for nh3, no2 and no3. But I'll let you know how v the light adjustments work for me. Thanks.

I use a Hanna checker for my phosphates. Works like a charm. My phosphates were super high because I was using Brute containers for my sump and refugium. I now have a reactor to fix that problem. The Hanna checker tho is well worth the $. I'll get you my exact lighting program tomorrow.

EllisJuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went from a Reef Radiance Lumentek 240 to a pair of Hydras over my 65g. They seem so blue with the settings most people are using.

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still figuring out my schedule. I'm running an AWM from Neptune Systems.

Attachments

• 1403831824615.jpg
    1403831824615.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 454

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,, I bought 3 Hydra upgrade kits for my 3 Sol's, worked on getting them up and running yesterday. The bad news first, two of the lights are working great, the third light has never came on, don't know what's up with that, I have a email into Aqua Illumations as to what could be the problem. The fan on the not working light did come on, the indicator light on the light is on, it was green, held in the red button, the light changed to red, the controller found all three lights, none of the LED's ever came on.

The wife told me to take it apart, put it back together to see if I did something wrong when I put it together. I decided against this, will wait to see what Aqua Illumations has me do. I am not worried about it, have only had good experiences when dealing with Aqua Illumations. I have a 48x30x25 tank, with three Hydras over this tank, the middle light is the one not working, there is, I think enough bleed over from the two outside lights, that I don't think my corals in the center of my tank will suffer because of the light that isn't working.

My first day impressions of the new Hydras compared to the Sol's,,,,, Dang these things are sweet, my corals have never looked better :) I couldn't be more happier that I spent the money for this upgrade.

Now for the Controller, I used the easy set up to get the lights up and running, had a friend come over and help me get it set up:

5 am Sun Rise
2 pm Sun Set
Ramp time 6 hours
Favor Blues
Sweep Dir. left to right, this isn't right though, it going from right to left

Whites 14%
Violet 35%
Red 40%
Green 33%
Deep Blue 65%
Royal Blue 65%
UV 35%

I think I will be pretty save with these settings as far as the corals go, will know when I get home from work today :) If any of you disagree, feel free to chime in. I was thinking of and most likely will drop that red down a bit before I go to work this morning.

I do have a question :) The light set up, not the easy one, the other one. Can someone explain this setting to me and how it works and what the objective is when using it? I was going to mess with it last night, but figured I would wait till I understand it better before messing with it :)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,,, My non working Hydra is now working :) After a call from Aqua Illumations today, they knew what I had done :) I placed two of the LED boards in the wrong spot. Took the light apart, put them into the right spots, let the controller find the lights again, and the light came on :) We be happy now :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back