• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI Prime and Hydra Diffusers

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors are any PETG filament you can find (like any color basically). As for designs I have only ever done solid so I don’t have examples.

KSUChemist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the Hydra 26 diffusers fit a Hydra 32? Not completely sure on the dimensions.

Eg0790

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

So happy to see this new forum section!

I am selling Hydra 26 diffusers and taking pre orders on diffusers for Hydra 52's

Price is as follows:
Prime - $32
Hydra 26 - $45
Hydra 52 - $60

These are offered in white or black as well as blue, green, orange, yellow accent layers (additional corals available upon request, additional charge).

Similar to ecotech radion light diffusers, this after market item offers you the ability to reduce hot spots, blend lighting, and reduce shimmer. When add ing these units to your light you will find it brings a warm blended output similar to that of T5 with a bit of shimmer. Comes with all items necessary to remove OEM screws and install diffusers.

Installation is very easy and covered in the below steps for Hydras. Primes require no assembly and snap on.

1. Unplug and remove light.

2. Find included drill bit and remove OEM screws from bottom of LEDs.

3. Remove OEM plastic cover from bottom of LEDs.

4. Remove clear OEM circular LED lens from the LED pucks.

5. Place OEM plastic cover back on.

6. Stack the following components on top of OEM plastic cover:

Acrylic spacer

Diffusion film (matte side facing LEDS, shiny side out)

Acrylic spacer

7. Using the included screws screw all of these components until snug.

Once you diffuser is installed you will have a slight reduction in par. You best option is to remeasure your par using a par meter. If unavailable, you should increase light by 15-20% to account for your diffuser.

IMG_4011.jpg
IMG_4010.jpg
IMG_4009.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_7698.JPG Hydra 52 1.jpg
Quick question i just got mines today in the mail, do i need to remove the lenses?

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look very cool. Great job. So, does it just blend the colors better? Does it get rid of shimmer effect?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd purchase and still couldnt be happier.
Ordered a set for my hydra 52s and an orange spacer for my hydra 26 for a new build.

This light diffuser is freakin awesome. I love the look of the fixture and the diffusion of the beams is very pleasing to the eye.

20200627_175306.jpg
20200627_180409.jpg

Thanks again!!

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd purchase and still couldnt be happier.
Ordered a set for my hydra 52s and an orange spacer for my hydra 26 for a new build.

This light diffuser is freakin awesome. I love the look of the fixture and the diffusion of the beams is very pleasing to the eye.

20200627_175306.jpg
20200627_180409.jpg

Thanks again!!
Those are slick!!!

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look very cool. Great job. So, does it just blend the colors better? Does it get rid of shimmer effect?
Sorry I had notifications off! It blends the color and more even distributes it. Eliminating hot spots and reducing shimmer!

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question i just got mines today in the mail, do i need to remove the lenses?
I’m hoping I already answered. In case I haven’t I didn’t see a difference either way. I removed mine as I saw it not necessary.

Scott71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my clarification, does this help with coverage of lighting?

For example, if I have 300 par under each of two lights that I have 12” above water level, but space between the two lights in my tank is only getting 150 par, will this help to distribute light over a larger area to get rid of the drop in par between them and at outlying areas that I have now?

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my clarification, does this help with coverage of lighting?

For example, if I have 300 par under each of two lights that I have 12” above water level, but space between the two lights in my tank is only getting 150 par, will this help to distribute light over a larger area to get rid of the drop in par between them and at outlying areas that I have now?

Thanks for the help.

Yes and no. Reefs.com did a great analysis on this for the radions and what it shows is at 12” from the center of the light your par will actually increase with the diffuser as it spreads the light more evenly. But as we move further out from center we see the uniform 20% drop that is advertised. So in your case you’ll get a more evenly blended spectrum but would still be seeing a low spot in between lights.

Scott71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and no. Reefs.com did a great analysis on this for the radions and what it shows is at 12” from the center of the light your par will actually increase with the diffuser as it spreads the light more evenly. But as we move further out from center we see the uniform 20% drop that is advertised. So in your case you’ll get a more evenly blended spectrum but would still be seeing a low spot in between lights.

Ok. Thank you for the explanation!
Scott

Back