OP
OP
LouisianaReef

LouisianaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about it, but I just couldn’t give up this slim profile.
Definitely like the slim profile of the lights, but I wonder if the diffusers make much of a difference with preventing hotspots and creating a more even par. I’m hoping someone with so knowledge of these lights and diffuser will chime in

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely like the slim profile of the lights, but I wonder if the diffusers make much of a difference with preventing hotspots and creating a more even par. I’m hoping someone with so knowledge of these lights and diffuser will chime in
Did you run the lights without them at first? If so, what differences would you say you seen after using them?
I did run them without them before no disco ball effect more even spread of light.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tanks, 6 Primes and 6 3DReefing diffusers. They are worth every penny. They do even out the spread a bit, they also do a very nice job of blending the colors (no disco ball effect). I did lose about 7-10% PAR (verified by an Apogee 510 meter) when adding them, but I just turned up the intensity a bit to compensate.

I won't run an AI light without one at this point.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back