Ai Prime mount height

Mine is about 8", but the light has about 24" depth effectiveness, so you might want to try to put it closer, or else turn it up.
 
If I have a 25 gallon cube about 19” deep how many inches above the water should I put an ai prime 16?
So 18" cubed..:)

8.5" from the face of the light to the water.
Or close to that..
 
thank you guys. So i will aim for around 8.5 inches above and I will experiment the different presets. I have another light on my tank that covers the open spot. It’s about 30w and came with the kit for the tank. Could I use that along with the ai prime? Otherwise I’ll have to cut some glass.
 
The mounting height for Primes has little to do with the depth of the tank and everything to do with the surface area you're working with.

If you're lighting 12" of tank, the light should be 8" above the water. 18" of tank, mount 10" above the water. 24" should be mounted 12-13" above the water. Any more than that and you'll need a second light.

Watch this...

 
The mounting height for Primes has little to do with the depth of the tank and everything to do with the surface area you're working with.

If you're lighting 12" of tank, the light should be 8" above the water. 18" of tank, mount 10" above the water. 24" should be mounted 12-13" above the water. Any more than that and you'll need a second light.

Watch this...


Is my height okay?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8074.jpg
    IMG_8074.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 117

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new