saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, little man just woke up and is swimming around the tank. Still acting funny. Occasionally twitching. Flashed against some rocks a couple times. Likes to be by the power heads (maybe he's itchy and likes the heavy flow?). But is swimming fine overall.

Did a small feed of garlic coated mysis and he seemed interested and followed the other fish around but did not eat any himself.
Saw him butt the window a couple times (think he's picking copepods but not certain).

Keep an eye on him. Swimming in to the power heads is often seen in velvet. Wrasses frequently don't show as much signs of velvet (or ich for that matter) due to their thick slime coats. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, little man just woke up and is swimming around the tank. Still acting funny. Occasionally twitching. Flashed against some rocks a couple times. Likes to be by the power heads (maybe he's itchy and likes the heavy flow?). But is swimming fine overall.

Did a small feed of garlic coated mysis and he seemed interested and followed the other fish around but did not eat any himself.
Saw him butt the window a couple times (think he's picking copepods but not certain).
Hows he doing today?

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's up and swimming around. Just fed garlic mysis again and hes still not eating, but seems to be interested and follows it around. Gonna assume the prazi is just making him have a lack of appetite because hes till pretty porky, no signs of weight loss.

No twitching/ flashing on rocks/ hanging out in front of power head so far (but its only been 15 minutes since the lights have come on). Also hasn't made it to the front corner to lay down like yesterday. Seems pretty okay! Now if we can just get him to eat (still suspect he's eating pods off the glass-- caught the clowns doing it yesterday).

As far as everyones concerns with bristle worms and tube worms.... I have none as far as I know (unless unfound hitchhikers). So i am not worried about the chems spiking. I will do a 10% water change tomorrow, and going to petco to grab some fresh carbon today.

I am really hoping that it was flukes and I just caught his odd behavior quick enough before the flukes got too bad.
Thank you @cmaxwell39 @TriggerFinger @fishguy242 @Kattkrazie @DiefsReef @saltyhog and anyone else I missed in help with the prazi! Not totally in the clear yet, but things definitely seem better.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear things are looking better. Hope they continue to improve. Don't forget to do a second round of prazi. The prazi kills the adult flukes, but it won't take care of any eggs. The second round will get those after they hatch. Two rounds seven days apart is sufficient to take care of flukes completely.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EAB02E16-308A-46BE-9FB9-B458F1DCE30E.jpeg

There is one SINGLE white dot on him now. (Right above his pec fin)
Carbon is in and skimmer is on.
but he’s been swimming around and curious like usual all day

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not sand?,someone picking on him ,his tail?? starry blenny??

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be sand! I’m not overly concerned about it especially since I don’t see any dots on his tail.
On a negative note, both the emerald crabs I bought from @reefcleaners are now dead. And the strawberry conch.
I did find a tiny molt from a Mithrax today tho.
So I don’t know why the emeralds died and the mithrax are fine. But I’m glad that some crabs are still kicking.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I feel like the RO membrane flow should be in the parallel position. But when It is, my blue line just barely drips and my black line gushes.
when it’s in the position in the photo both lines flow about evenly. Is this photo the correct position or should it be parallel?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have never came across that question ,poss just need to move around to let all air out ??whichever is flowing more atm is where to be for now will push all air out ,then try putting back,do not use first 2 hours of water made :)

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I feel like the RO membrane flow should be in the parallel position. But when It is, my blue line just barely drips and my black line gushes.
when it’s in the position in the photo both lines flow about evenly. Is this photo the correct position or should it be parallel?

The ball valve in the picture there is used to flush the membrane. When the valve is opened it bypasses the flow restrictor in the waste water line to flush the surface of the membrane. During normal operation of the RO system you want that ball valve to be off like it is in the picture.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did an oopsie.
giphy.gif

I’ve been debating on a sail fin since I got the 90. They’re one of my favorite tangs. And well....
My LFS had an offer I couldn’t refuse.
$30 for this lil dude
4D02D99B-8884-49CA-881E-01FED4CC21D3.jpeg

and $50 for a neon rock nem!
B7A17A28-B444-4652-99ED-07DFF2219717.jpeg

I’ve been eyeballing Aqua SD and creeping on people’s threads on here. Aqua sd’s cheapest rock nems are $55 PLUS shipping. And this guy was only $50 out the door (plus uncle Sam fees)

listen. I know I shouldn’t be spending money right now that the federal got cut.... but....I did it.
And.

giphy.gif

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
love the sailfin,one of my favorites;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
did you get your rodi figured out??

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lots of pics on my build ;) ..nothing else going on rt now so just posting coral pics:p

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back