najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4D02D99B-8884-49CA-881E-01FED4CC21D3.jpeg

They got three in at my lfs about a month ago, I have no idea how I stopped myself from buying one, so cute. :)

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They got three in at my lfs about a month ago, I have no idea how I stopped myself from buying one, so cute. :)

He has barely eaten the last 24 hours. Hoping he gets over the new tank shock soon. So tiny already, cant really afford to be starved before shipping, and not eat at his new home too :'(

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has barely eaten the last 24 hours. Hoping he gets over the new tank shock soon. So tiny already, cant really afford to be starved before shipping, and not eat at his new home too :'(

Do you have any macro algae anywhere like a grubby rock in the sump, it wants to graze.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any macro algae anywhere like a grubby rock in the sump, it wants to graze.
Actually have algae all over the tank. Hair and sea lettuce, and some of the dark emerald green that grows on the shaded live rock. I saw him test out some brine yesterday, but was so shy with everyone else eating he just spit it out and swam to a corner. Ive already fed this morning but I will feed again tonight. On top of that just dosed bacteria, and reef AB+ this morning. I have tons of pods (just re-seeded two weeks ago) so I am hoping he his covered for today at least. Hoping the shock wears off tonight. I dont want to catch him and put him in my sump, i'm worried that will be TOO much stress. Gonna be patient and just monitor him today. No jumping to conclusions yet.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually have algae all over the tank. Hair and sea lettuce, and some of the dark emerald green that grows on the shaded live rock. I saw him test out some brine yesterday, but was so shy with everyone else eating he just spit it out and swam to a corner. Ive already fed this morning but I will feed again tonight. On top of that just doses bacteria, and reef AB+ this morning. I have tons of pods (just re-seeded two weeks ago) so I am hoping he his covered for today at least. Hoping the shock wears off tonight. I dont want to catch him and put him in my sump, i'm worried that will be TOO much stress. Gonna be patient and just monitor him today. No jumping to conclusions yet.

It sounds like it needs to just settle, hopefully off and grazing soon. :)

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where oh were did my sailfin go?
Is it in the rock work...i dont know
One day youre there, the next youre gone
oh where oh where did i go wrong?

Poor lil baby. I didnt want your life to be so short...
please be a master of disguise or anything of the sort
I dont know what i'd do if i lost you
I hope youre just hiding somewhere in the blue.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
did you find her yet??

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
waitin for the "there she is" ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you should see her sometime today i would think

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a tiny hippo tang. It eats if I feed and walk away, wouldn’t dare show her face if I was anywhere close. I mostly have bubble algae so I’ve been giving nori banded to a rock and I’ve caught her nipping every day. As soon as I get within her view she darts. Hopefully little sailfin is still just nervous.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well......
because I am hyper observant helicopter mom.
I have noticed that the lemonpeel and scopas have been out front more today, and are hiding less in the rock work. Usually I will never even be able to find the scopas until i put food in the tank, but today, even when hes in his normal hiding spot, i can spot him.
So my scientific deductive pea brain reasoning is that the scopas does not have access to his normal safe place.
Could this be because little miss sailfin has wedged herself there? maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (fingers crossed) still no sign of her.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found lil sailfin skeleton under the central main rock :(

broke a few corals on accident when moving rocks so now I have some frags.
And readjusted the rock work to make more hidey holes to hopefully reduce future aggression if that is ever an issue when they get bigger.
63CBB92D-300D-4D31-B00A-FC31CC9172CC.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back