Amazing Corals from BattleCorals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Carlosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, some time ago, I got a care package from Adam and just wanted to show how the corals are doing. I genuinely believe it is critical to show pictures of BattleCorals in different systems so we can all see how similar the corals remain. I think we all want our corals to look as close as possible as the pictures which mesmerized us and made us want to get them into our systems.

Bleeding Tree Acro

IMG_2778.jpeg

Poison Envy
IMG_2782.jpeg

Aussie Granulosa Acro
IMG_2800.jpeg

Hot Flesh Acro
IMG_2793.jpeg

Therman's Rainbow Acro
IMG_2796.jpeg

Bonsai Humilis Acro
IMG_2798.jpeg

Honeycomb Acro
IMG_2775.jpeg

Skinny Blue Acro
IMG_2799.jpeg

I cannot say enough about Adam and his corals. If you are considering purchasing from him, don't wait!

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!

Is that top one a A. abortanoides? if so that's the fuzziest one I have ever seen!

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, from what I can see of the few top radials structure look like abortanoides
I don't think so. I have an A. abrotanoides and they are different. I honestly do not know what the Bleeding Tree Acro is.

Acropora abrotanoides (True staghorn)

IMG_2797.jpeg

That one looks like aborlhonesis^^^

The one you posted in the OP looks like abortanoides IMO, the radials on abortanoides are tubular and have narrow corallites, where as aborlhonesis radials are more dish shaped and nariform.

Eitherway, awesome pickups!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't think so. I have an A. abrotanoides and they are different. I honestly do not know what the Bleeding Tree Acro is.

Acropora abrotanoides (True staghorn)

IMG_2797.jpeg

I had actually thought robusta? Any insight on that stab

OP
OP
C

Carlosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had actually thought robusta? Any insight on that stab

Adam, I got that as a small frag from Menard's main tank. It is the thick true staghorn. So you are probably right, it does look like an A. robusta!

Here is the picture of the mother colony. I took a screenshot from an old video.

Screen Shot on 2019-10-11 at 18-46-48.png

I have had that frag for a couple of years, and it has spent all its energy building a base. Based on the picture, it needs that base to support the weight of the skeleton.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, some time ago, I got a care package from Adam and just wanted to show how the corals are doing. I genuinely believe it is critical to show pictures of BattleCorals in different systems so we can all see how similar the corals remain. I think we all want our corals to look as close as possible as the pictures which mesmerized us and made us want to get them into our systems.

Bleeding Tree Acro

IMG_2778.jpeg

Poison Envy
IMG_2782.jpeg

Aussie Granulosa Acro
IMG_2800.jpeg

Hot Flesh Acro
IMG_2793.jpeg

Therman's Rainbow Acro
IMG_2796.jpeg

Bonsai Humilis Acro
IMG_2798.jpeg

Honeycomb Acro
IMG_2775.jpeg

Skinny Blue Acro
IMG_2799.jpeg

I cannot say enough about Adam and his corals. If you are considering purchasing from him, don't wait!

And hey thanks a lot for the post Carlos. Always a pleasure to see you guy and so glad to see the frags are settling in well.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He truly is a pleasure to deal with, great product, great prices, pest free, communicates well, excellent service!

My tank went through a little bit of a funk, the upside to losing a few SPS is more room for more BC frags :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back