brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime causes ammonia misreads.
back to pics of tanks, or descriptions.

future posters if you are reading for genuine interest to learn before posting: please only post tank pictures or video or verbal descriptions from here on out it will make our work smoother. The mixed sample testing using non benchmarked kits puts us all over the place, but we’ve been very controlled so far. We want to maintain that same control, here above we have a perfect reef description even if a small water change can’t be ran, that’s how well the reef has been running for days.

Seneye shows data other than what folks with api or Red Sea report, we only want calibrated seneye or hach data, or anything Dan wants to list using api or Red Sea he can wield them like a maestro. He and Taricha are the only ones I’ll trust for api data.

Im not being mean y’all don’t take it that way. This thread is meant to test my ideas it’s not a collective, we use one ruleset and it’s that right when people post their tank can’t control ammonia, it has been and pics will prove it.

if this was easy to do, aligning ammonia trouble threads with animal preservation and you can do it another way, then them work thread proofs ought to be mighty easy for all to crank out.

Ill accept any readable link as a valid exchange token here along with pics. Just not whatever readings we‘ve ran up on non seneye gear.

future posters here are going to resoundingly post happy tank pics let the official prediction record reflect this call. All drama will come from an api or Red Sea kit. Bet. The reason all future pics will show normal fish and clear water and living v dead Gastropods is because all reefs post-cycle control their ammonia such that bumps and spikes are handled and RESOLVED in minutes not days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andiesreef

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll need to start a chem forum thread, let the record reflect before you leave to trace ammonia by params that even your description shows controlled ammonia. You’d be reporting marked losses if you had no ammonia control, therefore nothing is wrong with your water, because all this is based on a test read that doesn’t line up with pictures and ongoing daily description.

Thanks for the initial post for sure.
thank you very much for the input. just trying my best to figure out how this site works and how to balance visual observation with chemical testing. i appreciate your patience!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon is right, royal gramma would be killed at 1ppm ammonia. I dont like using things to bind ammonia, best to get rid of it at its source. if you want to discuss rodi specifics best to make a second thread on the parameter forum like brandon said. im sure people with more experience with your rodi filter and chloramines can help you out

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys always do have good chemistry points to bring up it never hurts to verify top-off water agreed for dreaded algae battles in the least

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back