Anemone balling up

Ragunan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this green bta. I would turn on blue lights in the evening before turning it off for the night
What I’ve noticed is that on some nights the bta would close up alittle(normally for about 15-20 mins) but would then open up back normal.
Today it closed up like completely but it was for 30 mins but then opened back
Is this normal behavior for bta?
*parameters are on point
abda2ffd4f9ab1da7971349f3afc5bd0.jpg
0f38e1ed7e25f8c5243ef185895b33fa.jpg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does that time to time and even poops after ;)

Just feed him and he will be happy. Nice looking one you have

OP
OP
Ragunan

Ragunan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Looks healthy. They close up when catch food, lights changing, when first time clown gets near. Just keep an eye that is opens and eats regularly.

Yeah but I rarely feed it since they grow up so fast and I don’t really want it to take over the entire tank. Besides I heard that clowns often bring it food hence why I don’t get out of my way to feed it. Btw its in my tank for 2 months now and the clowns has been with it ever since. Just a weird behavior that I’m not too familiar with. (Ps: first anemone)

OP
OP
Ragunan

Ragunan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does that time to time and even poops after ;)

Just feed him and he will be happy. Nice looking one you have
So its safe to say that it’s normal behavior then. But I’ll keep an eye on it. Ikr its neon green under blue light and rainbowish yellowish green with the white lights turned on during the day. Here’s another pic. Do you have a picture of yours? I’d love to see it
e7d935be5418798a675f7cb92be74ba8.jpg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good to ask questions! Here a pic of mine. And a new bubble coral I got

08613B7D-ABC7-42E4-AA6D-C871205C2EA7.jpeg

6EA9207F-3691-40D9-B187-C6E7755F758D.jpeg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an awesome looking bta. Is it hosting any clowns?

Thanks! Unfortunately no my clowns stay up next to my return area never swims around the tank .

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not feed my btas very often. My clowns will from time to time. They get lots of food in water column from broadcast feeding. It is a very nice one. For some reason I cannot keep green ones. Tried twice and both died. I have tons of the peach and green rainbow and red and pink ones. Just not green. Weird.

OP
OP
Ragunan

Ragunan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Unfortunately no my clowns stay up next to my return area never swims around the tank .

Im still considered new to the hobby but what I’ve learned so far is that time is your best friend when it comes to reefing. Maybe one day your clowns would have the instinct to dive into the anemone. I consider myself lucky as the female went in the very next day I added the bta .All the best.

OP
OP
Ragunan

Ragunan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not feed my btas very often. My clowns will from time to time. They get lots of food in water column from broadcast feeding. It is a very nice one. For some reason I cannot keep green ones. Tried twice and both died. I have tons of the peach and green rainbow and red and pink ones. Just not green. Weird.

That’s interesting all this while I thought that all bta had the “same” biology just with different colors

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do, but they come from different areas of the world, different suppliers, and therefore different tolerances. For some reason I have issues with green. Go figure. Probably bad luck.

WhySoSeriousDory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one I just got 2 days ago, moving on the substrate to find a place… should I put it on the rocks or just leave it be
73AB1E98-754D-4558-85C9-5E9568D8B50E.jpeg

LB_Reef30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wednesday, I got my first anemone, an Sebae Blue Tip. Today it had been rolled up, although not fully but most of it was. I have been worried until I read that it can be because he had caught food or something. I checked on him a while ago and he had opened back up somewhat. He hasn’t moved at all since I placed him into a rock. I have one of my wave makers turned off (the one with the most power) could I turn it back on?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but I rarely feed it since they grow up so fast and I don’t really want it to take over the entire tank. Besides I heard that clowns often bring it food hence why I don’t get out of my way to feed it. Btw its in my tank for 2 months now and the clowns has been with it ever since. Just a weird behavior that I’m not too familiar with. (Ps: first anemone)
I have a bunch of anemone at this point and never directly feed them. Started with 2 which turned into who knows how many. Feeding directly isn't necessary, they catch enough on their own and get most of their nutrition from lighting.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back