Anemone help

rsriramtce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I had anemone in my tank for past 2 months. Recently today my anemone was accidentally moving and got struck on the wavemaker

Please help whether it will regenerate or not. Should I move it or separate tank ???
Part of it was injured. While part was dying. It’s also increasing ammonia in the tank

D7023C95-DBFD-4A4F-A081-9BE37EF42378.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi guys. I had anemone in my tank for past 2 months. Recently today my anemone was accidentally moving and got struck on the wavemaker

Please help whether it will regenerate or not. Should I move it or separate tank ???
Part of it was injured. While part was dying. It’s also increasing ammonia in the tank

D7023C95-DBFD-4A4F-A081-9BE37EF42378.jpeg
It doesn’t look heavily damaged but would be clearer under white lighting
Generally when they climb towards power head, there is inadequate water flow and even light
Moderate light and moderate to medium water flow is ideal

OP
OP
rsriramtce

rsriramtce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks sir. Will they heal themselves. Should I turn off power head for sometime. Should I move them to desperate tank ???

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks sir. Will they heal themselves. Should I turn off power head for sometime. Should I move them to desperate tank ???
to be honest you should put a guard on the power head and check if the nem has a damged foot

OP
OP
rsriramtce

rsriramtce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to be honest you should put a guard on the power head and check if the nem has a damged foot
Everything is fine now
Foot not damaged and anemone is growing now from the damage.
Thanks for the help folks

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a Magnifica that you have. It requires very high light and flow, with great water condition. It is best to situate the rock structure to that the anemone cannot move off the rock unless it move downward on the rock. It cannot reach the side of the tank. Put a very bright light on top of the anemone, I have 400W MH right on top of my anemone for a long time, now a very bright Radion unit right on top of him.
I would situate the PH so that two stream meet just right on top of the anemone to create turbulence for him. You can also bounce the stream of the surface down to him or bounce of the wall. Or you can get an expensive Vortec unit or similar propeller wavemaker for him.
Your anemone is beautiful and appears healthy. If you provide the best situation for him, he will live a long, long time. Make sure you don't neglect water condition of your tank.

Dont urn the flow off or decrease light. If anything, you may consider increase them. It did not accidently walk into your PH. It was not happy with the place where it is at and decided to look for better situation.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 100 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back