Anemone Lovers Thread!

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a cool creature. I want one badly, but I’ve just always been worried about my beloved tiny wrasses around these.

Do you have mostly larger fish? Or do you keep small ones as well?
I think most fish if healthy would be fine.
My smaller fish are a mandarin, sunburst anthias and a pair of bangaii.
However I introduced sexy shrimp and a porcelain crab before and they tried to host the nems and got eaten :crying-face:. Got a stars and stripes shrimp living on the green nem though.
I feed mine once a week a piece of clam to keep them happy.

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite splatters finally had its first babies today. Been waiting two years!

IMG_5835.jpeg
See I would love to have some rfa's like yours but it's virtually impossible to get them in Australia.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most fish if healthy would be fine.
My smaller fish are a mandarin, sunburst anthias and a pair of bangaii.
However I introduced sexy shrimp and a porcelain crab before and they tried to host the nems and got eaten :crying-face:. Got a stars and stripes shrimp living on the green nem though.
I feed mine once a week a piece of clam to keep them happy.

Oh no, I wouldn’t have thought they’d eat a porcelain crab! I worry about my little pink streaked wrasses mostly. Every time I see photos of them like yours I get the itch to set up a little sidecar tank to have a few!

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, I wouldn’t have thought they’d eat a porcelain crab! I worry about my little pink streaked wrasses mostly. Every time I see photos of them like yours I get the itch to set up a little sidecar tank to have a few!
Yeah I would love a sidetank with a few haddoni's one day but they are expensive as over here

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See I would love to have some rfa's like yours but it's virtually impossible to get them in Australia.

I happen to live in Florida, so I’m lucky they are “in my backyard.”

There are some rock flower nems that come out of the pacific/indonesia area. But they are a little bit different looking. We never get any of those over here though!

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happen to live in Florida, so I’m lucky they are “in my backyard.”

There are some rock flower nems that come out of the pacific/indonesia area. But they are a little bit different looking. We never get any of those over here though!
That one on the top is my only rfa, she lost at one stage all her tentacles and ithought she's a goner but grew them all back, but her mouth stayed like in the picture ever since.
20240525_105329.jpg

ravila101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks very similar to my Colorado Sunburst. The green at the bottom of the tentacles further points to this. Beautiful nem, regardless. :)
These are pictures I took today so idk if this helps more

Attachments

• 4E95D316-D9C4-4E9F-90AC-AADC0B481E1E.jpeg
    4E95D316-D9C4-4E9F-90AC-AADC0B481E1E.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 18E4C783-DFA5-44AD-BF1C-03650FCEBDFE.jpeg
    18E4C783-DFA5-44AD-BF1C-03650FCEBDFE.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
AlyciaMarie

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one on the top is my only rfa, she lost at one stage all her tentacles and ithought she's a goner but grew them all back, but her mouth stayed like in the picture ever since.
20240525_105329.jpg
She's just got some lip injections:grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:.. Still so beautiful!

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love anenomes. Had a beautiful RBTA for awhile but i just lost due to treating my tank to try and get rid of some macro algae. (Didnt work of course) RIP buddy. Honestly I even had an aptaisia on the side of the glass that I let live because it looked cool. (Im pretty sure my urchin killed it last week though since it's MIA).

Anyways, Im looking to branch out a bit and try for something better. I have two clowns that didnt pay any mind to my RBTA but maybe another type would have better luck? If not I might also get a porcelain crab.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%

Back