"Anemones list and Information"

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be asking a lot, I would love to see sizes for different nems, color availability and propagation methods. I could list them, but am sure austin knows them and could edit his own thread.
Also, people, if you have pics of anemones on this list, please post them.
I would agree with home-skillet about adding maxi mini (Stichodactyla tapetum),also pizzas (Crytodendrum adaesivum), oh and my new favorite, orange ball anemones (Pseudocorynactis).

Here are my contributions
IMG_6314.jpg

5fc6000d.jpg

feea0be9copy-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan, if you want to type them up, I an edit the thread, I dont have a ton of time to type anything up since I have 300 basketball pictures I have to edit and get printed in a week. If you can type that up, I can paste it in, giving you full credit of cource.

bbandu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got a question.

What could cause my Purple LTA to move.

I have a Purple LTA that has been in the same spot for 4 months now. The other day I noticed that it was no
longer attached to the rock it was on. It had moved off the rock and had attached itself to the back glass of my tank. It stayed there
for a few days and then decided to move even further up the glass.

The new position it is in doesn't really get anymore flow, however it will be getting more light because it is now about 6 - 8 inches
close to the lights.

I feed it pretty much every night (mysis and Brine) when I feed the tank, It does not get a ton of food. Is this to much food and
could that be the reason.

Here is a picture of my Purple LTA in its current position, it was on the sandbed atached to the rock you see under it.
Untitled.jpg

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 nems which I was told were called "condylatic" or condy for short. When looking through I didnt see them, but could be I just missed it lol. Ive heard people call them LTAs but from my understanding they are different? I got one which is purple and one which is white and they both get magenta at the tips when theyre very happy, which is usually always. The white one moves around ALOT and can move from one side of the tank to the other in a matter of hours. The purple one has seated itself in the same spot since I set my tank up, and is the bigger of the two. Anyone know if condys are just another common name for an LTA or are they different?

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 nems which I was told were called "condylatic" or condy for short. When looking through I didnt see them, but could be I just missed it lol. Ive heard people call them LTAs but from my understanding they are different? I got one which is purple and one which is white and they both get magenta at the tips when theyre very happy, which is usually always. The white one moves around ALOT and can move from one side of the tank to the other in a matter of hours. The purple one has seated itself in the same spot since I set my tank up, and is the bigger of the two. Anyone know if condys are just another common name for an LTA or are they different?

Condy and LTA are different. What color is the base or foot of each anemone?

jessikarabbit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a GBTA about 3 weeks ago. We put it in a relatively sunny area of the tank with great flow, and within the day it moved inside our cave to the very back. We started feeding it mysis shrimp every day to make it happy and it ended up moving to the front. Now its gone up, down, forward, and even on a rock facing toward the back. This thing keeps moving all over the place! We have a great current with a wave maker, and 2 LED AI Sol Blues, so plenty of light. Is it just being finnicky and looking for the perfect spot? We keep having to move other corals out of its way after it a blasto took a hit while we were sleeping. >.<

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I stumbled along this topic. I bought was I was told a purple tip condy anemone about a week ago it is very happy moving all around the tank to find it's sweet spot. I had a little fish I believe it was a type of damsel in the tank as well, well he went a little to close to the anemone and become food. If I get clown fish and they try to host this anemone will they to become food? Do you know if it host's clowns? I will post a picture below of the anemone itself I just think I was told false information and I don't want to buy a clown and it become dinner. That was as soon as I put him into the tank he is now all white with purple tips and a pinkish red foot

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to rules established by the Clown Council the Condy Anemone has been deemed unworthy of a clowns company. There is the occasional clarkii that will go against C.C law and host anyways. However as a general rule, no. Never heard of a condy taking on a damsel though. Weird!

Glad I stumbled along this topic. I bought was I was told a purple tip condy anemone about a week ago it is very happy moving all around the tank to find it's sweet spot. I had a little fish I believe it was a type of damsel in the tank as well, well he went a little to close to the anemone and become food. If I get clown fish and they try to host this anemone will they to become food? Do you know if it host's clowns? I will post a picture below of the anemone itself I just think I was told false information and I don't want to buy a clown and it become dinner. That was as soon as I put him into the tank he is now all white with purple tips and a pinkish red foot

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to rules established by the Clown Council the Condy Anemone has been deemed unworthy of a clowns company. There is the occasional clarkii that will go against C.C law and host anyways. However as a general rule, no. Never heard of a condy taking on a damsel though. Weird!
The condy ate the damsel was a little guy. Thanks for the info

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heteractis magnifica (Magnificent, Ritteri)
Clownfish associated with this fish in the wild.
One of the most difficult anemone to keep in captivity. This anemone require clean stable condition. High light and high alternating current. Often on transit this anemone got infection due to stressed associated with capture, holding and shipping. Most of them succumb to infection and died within several weeks.
This anemone like to attach to the highest point in our aquarium on a smooth rock right under MH. It is essentially impossible to provide too much light for this species. It will thrive right under a 400W MH although will do fine with lesser light. In good condition and with good feeding, Magnifica can easy reach 2' in diameter.
The column of this species can be quite colorful. Tentacle tips can also be quite colorful also.
A. akallopisos
A. bicinctus
A. chagosensis
A. chrysopterus
A. clarkii
A. leucokranos
A. melanopus
A. nigripes
A. ocellaris
A. percula
A. perideraion

Magnifica on the L side
Gigantea2018051702.jpg

Mag2018062001.jpg

Yellow tipped Mag 2017011302.jpg

Yellow tipped Mag 2017011304.jpg

Last edited:

Edudek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you call this bta?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405497117.539195.jpg

marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been raising this anemone since the last 8 months aprox. . but still unable to identify it .. the hobbyist i have come across in person claim that its a "Carrot Long tentacle Anemone" but when i try to research carrot long tentacle anemone or carrot anemone my search leads me to some other species.

Please can you help ID it
My observations( hope this helps along with the image)
1) Loves strong water current
2) Its sweet spot is at the center - top of the tank where it gets maximum water current and light intensity.
3) Prefers to anchor its self on rocks and not in the substrate. ( Almost took a week of movement to find its current location) was really afraid that the power heads might suck it in!

4) Purchased it in India ( most likely native to this region)
5) Current size: Pedal Disc (foot) - 4" dia
Tentacles length expand and contract - vary from 1/2 inch to 2.5 inch ( based on the light pattern)
Body When fully open aprox 9" to 12"

6) Currently hosting a pair of Percula Clown and occasionally my clarkii as well.

2014601203657.jpg
2014601203700.jpg
2014601203743.jpg
2014601203746.jpg

2014601203657.jpg

2014601203700.jpg

2014601203743.jpg

2014601203746.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back