Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading a few different threads on how others made their own brackets I came up with this. I tested it this evening without having the Klir fleece or motor installed which has a slight leak coming for the whole cutout. Will the leak affect the performance of the filter ? I am assuming the water will still raise even with the leak.

Chipp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine had a bad controller as well, Coralvue sent me a new one promptly. Now that I hav had it run for a couple of days the fleece keeps getting stuck. I re taped it to the spindle but it keeps getting stuck. Idk it works for a while and it’s great but the fleece keeps getting stuck.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since getting my y cable and installing a new roll both klir now soon together and very slowly not using up much filter like before when I installed it wrong. Should get a good month or so on this.

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right I should have taken some photos. I’ll try and do it this weekend so who ever has a cube can see what I did.

So the only Trigger sump it fits in through the top so far (with confirmation) is the Trigger 39, but you need to make your own sock tray, which is removable. So no permanent modification.

Trigger 34... Unknown

Trigger 20 Cube... Doesn't fit into the sock chamber and needs widening of the chamber to fit.

It would be cool if people posted their sumps and if it fit directly or how you modified it to make it fit.

We already know it fits the Icecap sumps perfectly.

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Klir Filter installed for over a month now. And I am having a problem. The water level has risen above the sensor, the blue light is flashing but the motor is not running. I see no snags or hangups that could be causing this.

Help!

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue at first and it was because the roller was stuck. Have you tried resetting it? If you hold the on off button you should see/hear the roller move. If it moves then, unplug everything and replug it back in. My roller was stuck because I have to hinge the unit to get it in and the excess roller paper got stuck when I put it back up right.

I've had my Klir Filter installed for over a month now. And I am having a problem. The water level has risen above the sensor, the blue light is flashing but the motor is not running. I see no snags or hangups that could be causing this.

Help!

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Figured it out. My issue was that it was getting stuck on one of the rollers.
Hopefully good to go now

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got less than 2 weeks ony first roll. Let's hope roll 2 goes a little further.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had suspected my klir was not rolling. Looks like I didn't have it centered properly on the thread or at some point it start pushing towards the side. Looks like one of the bottom rollers also came loose and so I think water was getting through without going through the roller. I unthreaded the roll, threw out the stinky used up fleece and rethreaded it. Let's see how this one goes now.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines going on 2 weeks halfway + done. Guess I have a dirtier tank

Chipp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running for a week now with no problems. Fwiw in my situation i thought the fleece was getting stuck and the alarm wasn’t sounding. I turns out the keyhole on the spool that allows the motor to turn the spool was loose and it was slipping so it wasn’t moving the fleece fast enough, but it was slipping enough to not trigger the alarm. I took it out and crazyglued the plastic keyhole into the spool and everything works as it should. I am very pleased now and it looks like my spool will last about a month or so. It moves an inch or two every 1.5/2 hrs.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im blaming mine on the fact I run a bare bottom tank. Planning to see what my next 2 rolls do before I make a finally decision to keep it or take it out.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have the original roll going on 5 weeks. I feed what I consider heavy and I’m pushing about 600 gph through the unit

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, the product was tweaked before going into production. I think the new dimensions will make you very happy!!!

30707695_10160222134625721_5886718940817653760_n.png
Would you be able to tell me how to get replacement nylon screw? Mine seems to be partially stripped and not going to last much longer.
Thanks

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been running for a week now with no problems. Fwiw in my situation i thought the fleece was getting stuck and the alarm wasn’t sounding. I turns out the keyhole on the spool that allows the motor to turn the spool was loose and it was slipping so it wasn’t moving the fleece fast enough, but it was slipping enough to not trigger the alarm. I took it out and crazyglued the plastic keyhole into the spool and everything works as it should. I am very pleased now and it looks like my spool will last about a month or so. It moves an inch or two every 1.5/2 hrs.

Chipp
Same thing happened to me. Ideally try to use acrylic cement on it (superglue may not be ideal)
On a positive note each new fleece includes a new roller.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back