Any Thoughts On The Klir Filter?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avast marine sells those type screws just figure out the size and thread type before you order them

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avast marine sells those type screws just figure out the size and thread type before you order them
I contacted CoralVue. They want me to send a photo of the screw before they will replace it. They must be joking!

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted CoralVue. They want me to send a photo of the screw before they will replace it. They must be joking!

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is everyone getting their fleece? They seem to be sold out everywhere. I got another manufacturers fleece I’m going to unwind it and roller it on to the kril roller since the roller that came with the fleece is bigger but I don’t want to have to keep doing that every time

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 3 extra rolls anticipating this would happen , still on 1st roll after 5 weeks , hoping by the time I need more they will be well stocked . [emoji1]

Schultz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a piece of polycarbonate from tap plastic in the scrap bin. $2 cut my own. Works great on my trigger.

bd53ee1c34ca3b07e45e0b2c9373507a.jpg
did you need to modify the sump or did the filter fit rite in?

Schultz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for 3 weeks no issue. In my sump the water level doesn’t come any where close to the optical sensor when the return is shut off. I love not having to worry about changing a filter sock any more

5C2C2206-826F-48BD-8A07-D95E635BE07D.jpeg

E12945AA-F20C-4661-8BCE-11B1FDC6B2A1.jpeg
did you modify your sump or did the filter fit rite in?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here encounter this with the klir filter? When the roll was coming to the end after 5 weeks of use the motor was unable to advance the fleece causing all 600 gph to forced over my baffle almost causing my sump to over flow lucky I had just enough space that this didn’t happen.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A properly designed sump wouldn't overflow if a sock filled up... glad you had space to accommodate it. I wish there were a better way to keep track of the status of the roller. Getting stuck sucks. I've no idea how long I was stuck for and when my roller stopped advancing. I don't think it was long, but longer than I would have liked. It's hands-off maintenance, but definitely introduces a few new things to look out for.

A few things that need to be added:

Adjustment or relocation for the sensor
Maybe a way to change the orientation of the pump if the direction doesn't suit.
Hinge getting caught on fleece when the unit is bent.
Some kind of mark on the fleece or meter on the unit to have some idea on usage.

I'm sure this is doable, but I'd love to be able to put the optical sensor as an input to my controller and then manually trigger the pump, thereby replacing their controller with mine. Then I could put some logic, change the amount being rolled, see how often the trigger is getting triggered, maybe put some controls on how often, etc.

Has anyone done anything with that yet? I'd have to consolidate 2 of my inputs to free one up, but that should be easy enough. Then just need to connect the transformer directly to the motor and add to one of my relay outlets. This thing just became a much more interesting toy...

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'd like to install the optical sensor directly to the Klir shelf bracket that I'm using. This way it's optimally placed and it's one less moving wire when doing maintenance. Wiring it to my controller would simplify the wiring path too. Not needing the controller accessible, I can wire the motor more ideally, and then I could orient the Klir however I like.... I need to do some thinking :)

Back