Anyone have a Zero Edge tank? pics?

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a zero edge tank this weekend at Dr.Mac's...The top down view is sick! any pics would be Great!

starfish

Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen those tanks. What about gas exchange? Would be my question and the fact they have no significant lighting. Interesting though? Be interesting to see if anyone has tried it. Little pricey too>

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen those tanks. What about gas exchange? Would be my question and the fact they have no significant lighting. Interesting though? Be interesting to see if anyone has tried it. Little pricey too>

Not sure I follow you? It would be like one huge overflow. with more water surface exposed to air. It should be greater.

Angels 2010

Wrasse-a-holic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haven't heard anything about lighting on them, but have heard getting enough flow for SPS is next to impossible...

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haven't heard anything about lighting on them, but have heard getting enough flow for SPS is next to impossible...

+1

A LFS had one setup and he had mostly lps in there. As far as lighting they usually come as an entire setup and there is a light tree to hang lighting from.

Last edited:

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A LFS near me has one of these with a Solaris LED light mounted above it. Pretty sweet, but don't remember if they have SPS or not

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one setup at my LFS... awesome tank but IMO not meant for use in a home, as the salt-spray is unavoidable and will ruin your walls/carpet.

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and it was/is great. There is no salt creep from at all. Your LFS must have his set up wrong. Great tank and is much cooler to view than a normal tank

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick pic.
002.jpg

ttsNYCreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my LFS has a few set up. a small hex and a larger display tank. they use the small tank to sell SPS frags and its a really nice way to display them. they have a 400w hqi pendant hanging above the tank. the larger one is mostly LPS.

the one issue i see with these is noise. in both of the tanks there is just a hole in the overflow rim that the water falls into. lots of gurgleing and noise from the hole. this is something that can proably be solved by a plumbing expert...? I always thought an acrylic plate above the hole would help contain the sound.

colorfan45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 3 sponges that go in the overflow and make it nearly silent. I ran mine with red dragon return and a BK skimmer and was quieter that my nanocube.

Back