OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 23 days of dosing Plus NP the PO4 value is ever < 0,01(Tropic Marin Professional Lab).
The tonality of the test is small changed from yellow to celeste but the change is really very very little.
I go forward ...
I had started dosing sodium nitrate and sodium phosphate before I started this thread. Nutrients were 0 when I was testing so I felt I needed to do something. I decided to follow that route since I had already started. I can keep N and P measurable using that method and corals are starting to look better, but not amazing, but better.
My GHA is dying off also but I've been told that is not from dosing N and P but I'll take a positive anyway I can get it.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My situation is little bit different, the phosphate is not increased but the animals are improved.

Sorry, what does it means GHA ?

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately Phos Feed is not available in Italy.
I would like to try it instead Plus NP for increasing PO4.
I think it is more concentrated and easy to use because it has not carbon inside.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update.
After one month of dosing 1 ml/day , the PO4 are not detectable yet.

@Hans-Werner Must I increase the quantity to 1,5 ml/day on 180 litres of water? I fear bacterial blooms (I hope it is understandable in english).

When Phos Feed will be available also in Italy?

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see small white wads in the column of water and attached to the glass. Could it be bacterial formations?

Reef_Curiosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update.
After one month of dosing 1 ml/day , the PO4 are not detectable yet.

@Hans-Werner Must I increase the quantity to 1,5 ml/day on 180 litres of water? I fear bacterial blooms (I hope it is understandable in english).

When Phos Feed will be available also in Italy?
You haven't dosed full dosage yet? Plus-NP has a maximum dosage of 1ml per 100 liter, so I think you should try that first. The animals are using it all up it seems :)

I can confirm that Plus-NP does increase PO4, and at some point NO3 will be available as well when it has been altered by bacteria. I know this since I used it to cycle a reef tank and tested weekly.

It's also written in a blog post

My situation is little bit different, the phosphate is not increased but the animals are improved.

Sorry, what does it means GHA ?
Improved animals is exactly what Hans-Werner says the product is for. :)

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef_Curiosity I find very interesting your point of view, I didn't think.
Effectly it is not right to continue with a lower dosage.
About the white wads, probably of bacterial origin, what do you think?

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are no sponges, are soft also free in the water.

6C7B49B8-D6BF-425D-80D2-1E2522C5085E.jpeg
FF1579E9-1C70-4ED1-A575-A56172769228.jpeg

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I dosed 1,5 ml ... , I hope that the white wads don't increase

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it doesn't look like normal bacteria from overdosing of organic carbon. It looks more like algal filaments covered with bacteria or detritus (wich is almost the same) or maybe filamentous cyanobacteria Schizothrix.

"Normal" bacteria from overdosing organic carbon usually make slimy mats or an even slimy coating and cloud the water.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment they are not a trouble.

There are some of them free in the colum water and weekly on the glasses of the tank or on the pumps.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last 5 days I increased the daily dose of Plus NP to 1,5 ml and the white formations are almost disappeared.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I saw only for few minuits the tank after 4 days, I’m closed in my room for Covid. The situation is worsened, the white filaments are everywhere, on the glasses and on the rocks. My wife had continued dosing 1,5 ml each day, now I don’t know if suspend the Plus NP or not. The corals stay well at the moment. Any advise?

Reef_Curiosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I saw only for few minuits the tank after 4 days, I’m closed in my room for Covid. The situation is worsened, the white filaments are everywhere, on the glasses and on the rocks. My wife had continued dosing 1,5 ml each day, now I don’t know if suspend the Plus NP or not. The corals stay well at the moment. Any advise?
I hope for a speedy recovery :)

I have never grown anything funky like that from dosing Plus NP at recommended dosages. I think it's something else. When you are well some manual removal with siphons and scrapers, and I am sure it'll be fine. Personally, I worry about coral health, not what else is growing - stuff can be removed or die out naturally over time anyways.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope for a speedy recovery :)

I have never grown anything funky like that from dosing Plus NP at recommended dosages. I think it's something else. When you are well some manual removal with siphons and scrapers, and I am sure it'll be fine. Personally, I worry about coral health, not what else is growing - stuff can be removed or die out naturally over time anyways.
Thank you, I hope me too.

I had the same trouble in the first months, during the cycle, two times.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Improved animals is exactly what Hans-Werner says the product is for. :)

No offense to Hans-Werner who is certainly an expert, but that claim is also made by nearly every product from every company. lol

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can post your water parameters. It could be precipitate from calcium carbonate oversaturation, calcium and alkalinity being high at the same time. In this case the filaments are algae and together with bacteria sitting on the algae they precipitate calcium carbonate.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can post your water parameters. It could be precipitate from calcium carbonate oversaturation, calcium and alkalinity being high at the same time. In this case the filaments are algae and together with bacteria sitting on the algae they precipitate calcium carbonate.
Ca 425 and KH 8.3.

Since last Sunday the water has been whitish.

Yesterday I changed 10% water (TM Pro Reef salt).

@Hans-Werner , should I continue with Plus NP ?
I don't think it's the cause, it had already happened at least 3 times in the past, then the white filaments disappeared, but the water had never turned whitish.

The coral stay well.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back