Anyone using reefbulksupply's 5 stage RO/DI system??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hypertek99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
We sell bulk reef supply in our store and they seem just like any other ro/di. I like the fact though that they have refillable DI chambers, thats a selling point for me. Now I do use there 2 part solution and enjoy it very much
 
I have a reefbulk supply 5stage ro/di 75gpd!!!im very happy with everyting,i found thats very cheap to replace carbon blocks,sediment filters and DI!!!
 
My dad has one and he likes it a lot. For the price, you can't go wrong.
 
I buy my replacement filters from BulfReefSupply. Couldn't be happier with them. They generally ship the same day you order. I've actually had shipping info within an hour of placing the order, and I have bought quite a bit from them. In fact, my entire top shelf on my "supply" shelves is nothing but BRS products :)
 
By the way, some others to check out are Air,Water,Ice and BuckeyeFieldSupply. I actually run a AirWaterIce 5 stage, but get my replacements from either Buckeye or BRS. My opinion is to get a 5 stage for the cheapest price, and then you can make it "better", or worse, by putting different filters in it. Buckeye sells many different micron sizes of sediment and carbon cartirdges, and you can get replacement DI from any of them to also save some cash.
 
Chloramine should be removed by carbon. 5 stage units usually run two carbons, one like 10 micron, and one smaller, like 5 or 1 micron. Buckeye actually has one called "Chlorine Grabber"
 
Huge fan of Bulk Reef Supply!! I have ordered all kinds of stuff from them with no problems. I bought their 7 stage system they use to have and stiil run it. It cost me maybe 50 to replace all my filters and 2 di resins.
 
Ive had mine for over a 2 years and love it. best bang for the buck. along with the dual TDS sensor and the membrane flush kit. awesome.
 
using a BRS 5 stage right now. Incoming tapwater reads around 720 ppm, exiting from unit is 0 ppm.

If you're looking for alternatives, or if you have a low pressure situation, check out Melev's units (plus he's a R2R site sponsor as well)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new