Anyone using reefbulksupply's 5 stage RO/DI system??

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sell bulk reef supply in our store and they seem just like any other ro/di. I like the fact though that they have refillable DI chambers, thats a selling point for me. Now I do use there 2 part solution and enjoy it very much

arnaldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefbulk supply 5stage ro/di 75gpd!!!im very happy with everyting,i found thats very cheap to replace carbon blocks,sediment filters and DI!!!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy my replacement filters from BulfReefSupply. Couldn't be happier with them. They generally ship the same day you order. I've actually had shipping info within an hour of placing the order, and I have bought quite a bit from them. In fact, my entire top shelf on my "supply" shelves is nothing but BRS products :)

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, some others to check out are Air,Water,Ice and BuckeyeFieldSupply. I actually run a AirWaterIce 5 stage, but get my replacements from either Buckeye or BRS. My opinion is to get a 5 stage for the cheapest price, and then you can make it "better", or worse, by putting different filters in it. Buckeye sells many different micron sizes of sediment and carbon cartirdges, and you can get replacement DI from any of them to also save some cash.

FishScale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at purchasing one myself....Following along.

Do, choramine specific RO/DI units from bulk reef supply work? or is that just a sales tactic?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloramine should be removed by carbon. 5 stage units usually run two carbons, one like 10 micron, and one smaller, like 5 or 1 micron. Buckeye actually has one called "Chlorine Grabber"

laynframe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge fan of Bulk Reef Supply!! I have ordered all kinds of stuff from them with no problems. I bought their 7 stage system they use to have and stiil run it. It cost me maybe 50 to replace all my filters and 2 di resins.

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had mine for over a 2 years and love it. best bang for the buck. along with the dual TDS sensor and the membrane flush kit. awesome.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
using a BRS 5 stage right now. Incoming tapwater reads around 720 ppm, exiting from unit is 0 ppm.

If you're looking for alternatives, or if you have a low pressure situation, check out Melev's units (plus he's a R2R site sponsor as well)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back