Anyone with a 25G and an AI Hydra 32?

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Curious if I can see your light schedule if you have the same or similar size tank?

I’m hoping to have someone come out or rent a par meter soon but would love to see how yours are set up until then ☺️

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My par reading!
How’s it look?

Attachments

• 419AB845-969A-46B5-9F9E-398B1113A698.jpeg
    419AB845-969A-46B5-9F9E-398B1113A698.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 1DF2138A-DC97-42B0-AA75-3ACAE31C0364.jpeg
    1DF2138A-DC97-42B0-AA75-3ACAE31C0364.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 123

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what you want to keep

Different corals have very different intensity needs. At 100PAR, it's probsbly good for some LPS like euphylias but would be high for other types of LPS like Acans, many softies like zoas also likely lower light but others like toadstool like more than 100.

If you plan to have SPS like acros then its really insufficient. Aim to have 250 to 300 minimum

As you can see, the answer to your question is as "depends" as it gets

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what you want to keep

Different corals have very different intensity needs. At 100PAR, it's probsbly good for some LPS like euphylias but would be high for other types of LPS like Acans, many softies like zoas also likely lower light but others like toadstool like more than 100.

If you plan to have SPS like acros then its really insufficient. Aim to have 250 to 300 minimum

As you can see, the answer to your question is as "depends" as it gets
I don’t plan to have sps for a while if at all. I prefer soft corals :)

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had him help me adjust things after the par reading
In terms of the spectrum mix, this is pretty good. Key is to keep it consistent and avoid the urge of tweaking the sliders on a whim. This setting is basically what BRS recommends that best mimics Ecotach Lab's AB+ spectrum.
I don’t plan to have sps for a while if at all. I prefer soft corals :)
This is plenty fine for softies. It would be an very interesting and tricky challenge if you ever want to change it to a mixed reef with acros bc the light range will need to be so vast that you will need to get creative with rockscape to add shades and stuff to create the different par zones. Will also need to move some corals for sure. +will for sure need to add more light. I went thru this last year when I added acros and it took a lot of work to get it right bc I had mushrooms that cannot get more than 50PAR and acros that need 300 to 400 par to maintain the colors it has.

Just some food for thought as you plan out your tank's future.

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of the spectrum mix, this is pretty good. Key is to keep it consistent and avoid the urge of tweaking the sliders on a whim. This setting is basically what BRS recommends that best mimics Ecotach Lab's AB+ spectrum.

This is plenty fine for softies. It would be an very interesting and tricky challenge if you ever want to change it to a mixed reef with acros bc the light range will need to be so vast that you will need to get creative with rockscape to add shades and stuff to create the different par zones. Will also need to move some corals for sure. +will for sure need to add more light. I went thru this last year when I added acros and it took a lot of work to get it right bc I had mushrooms that cannot get more than 50PAR and acros that need 300 to 400 par to maintain the colors it has.

Just some food for thought as you plan out your tank's future.
Thank you! I don’t really plan to add acros but my fiancé is liking them more and more. When we buy a house I plan to upgrade to a bigger tank and try to do a mixed reef for sure

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back