Ap700 "Do not disconnect under load"?

Tou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I recently brought two ap700 and on the cable between the light and the power brick a warning says "Do not disconnect under load"

Can anyone explain to me what that means?
it sounds very scary. And I am worry to burn my LED.

What happen if I have power outage?
What's the correct step and precaution to take to plug and unplug the light safely?

Thank you

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be possible to damage your light. just turn it all the way down before disconnecting the light from the power brick (driver or power supply). Disconnecting the power brick under load likely causes surges in the current and /or voltage it's supplying the light that has the potential of damaging either the light or the power brick. Disconnecting the power to the power brick, like with a power failure, is less likely to cause surges as the input power is removed and the power brick won't have any electricity to make the surges in voltage and/or current.

Sea_Shanty_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I recently brought two ap700 and on the cable between the light and the power brick a warning says "Do not disconnect under load"

Can anyone explain to me what that means?
it sounds very scary. And I am worry to burn my LED.

What happen if I have power outage?
What's the correct step and precaution to take to plug and unplug the light safely?

Thank you

It means that you shouldn't disconnect the part between the power brick and the light until AFTER you've unplugged the power from the wall.

This is generally just good advice for all DC powered things (anything with a power box) - you can take care of the electronics and extend their lifespan if you remove the power coming in from the wall before you disconnect the part between the brick and the device.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back