Apex 2016 install without EB832

Errattiq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I recently purchased an Apex 2016 with Neptune Trident during Black Friday this year. I have a fully integrated apex classic on my current reef, complete with 3- EB8’s. I wanted to take advantage of the trident, however I really didn’t need the additional EB832 so I purchased the Apex 2016 base module alone. However, I’m at a total loss as to how I set it up or add it to my apex fusion. Every single setup video I see online has the Apex 2016 plugging into the EB832 to set up networking. Is there any way around this? I have spare power supply and Ethernet cables so I tried to plug in the unit and connect it to my router just like my apex classic is, however it doesn’t come up in fusion when I try to “link” apex.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex 2016 can be powered by any model of EnergyBar. It does not require the EB832.

You will either need to migrate everything from your Apex Classic to the new Apex, or run the two Apex models as separate systems. They cannot be connected together.

If you go through Neptune's Getting Started Guide, you'll see it instructs you to link the Apex to Fusion through the Apex.local dashboard. That's different than the "Link Apex" option inside of Fusion:

Link_Fusion_Local_w-1180x400.gif

1) Click the user name (admin) in upper right corner to reveal more settings

2) Select the Link Apex

3a)
Sign in to your APEX Fusion account

or

3b) Create a APEX Fusion Account

4) Select orange Link icon

OP
OP
Errattiq

Errattiq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to do it by disconnecting the last EB8’s aquabus cable in the daisy chain of EB8’s in my system and I plugged that into the apex 2016. Worked perfectly, didn’t even have to unplug anything from the EB8 itself either. Thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back