Apex breakout box

Mattlee2543

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, it's been along time since I have posted on here. Well here is my issue. I bought a Neptune Full Apex and got it all hooked up except for one thing. I have a float switch hooked to the break out box and when I try and write a line of code for it, it tells me the switch number is incorrect. Even though each connection point has a number but I can't tell if it's l1, l2... And so on. Or is it 11,12,13,14,15,16, RSV,GRD.
Has anyone run into this issue.

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the code, the name should be "SWx" where "x" is the switch number. So if it's in I1 terminal, then the switch name should be "SW1". Not sure if you're using Fusion or the old dashboard but if you look at your unused tiles, it'll have the tile for all your switches (should have 6 of them).

OP
OP
M

Mattlee2543

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that worked! I'm running fusion. Is there a way to rename the alarms so when I get a text it will say what it is and not say SW1?

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll need to create a virtual outlet. Once you create a virtual outlet, you can name the outlet whatever you want and then have the switch associated with that outlet:

High-Level ///this is your outlet name, make it whatever you want
if SW1 open then OFF
if SW1 closed then ON

This will turn on/off the outlet based on switch position. Then in your alarm program, just have the virtual outlet you created turn on if the outlet turns on:

If Outlet High-Level = ON then ON

OP
OP
M

Mattlee2543

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case I am using the float switch to let me know when my ato tank is getting low. It won't require any pumps just want it to notify me when I need to add water to my ato.

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case I am using the float switch to let me know when my ato tank is getting low. It won't require any pumps just want it to notify me when I need to add water to my ato.

Yup, understand but you would still need a virtual outlet if you want to have the alarm notify you with a specific name of your chosing. A virtual outlet and a outlet on your relay box are different, virtual as name suggest is like a fake outlet. You can have hundreds of virtual outlets, but only have 8 "real" outlets per relay box.

So when the float is up does Apex report as "OPEN" or "CLOSED"? This will determine how the statements are written. Sorry should have asked that first. You usually want a closed position to initiate something, so for your case, the down position should be the "CLOSED" position. If this is the case, the code above will work. If down is "OPEN" and you can't reverse the float to make it "CLOSED", then just rewrite program:

ATO-LOW ///your outlet name
if SW1 Closed then OFF
if SW1 Open then On

OP
OP
M

Mattlee2543

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. Sorry for all the questions but new to this whole controller thing. How would k hook up and extra temp prob to the system since there is only one temp port on the apex box?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back