API General Cure and melanarus wrasse question

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm prophylactically treating my melanarus wrasse for flukes since I know a fish from the same source that died in another QT had flukes. This wrasse has eaten like a horse (she will take down an entire cube of PE mysis by herself in minutes) since I got her Saturday, so yesterday around noon I dosed two packets of General Cure to the 20g QT. After the dose she is behaving fine, and eating well. I've read that wrasses can be sensitive to praziquantel though and that with them you can remove the medication after 24 hours since it works quickly. I was going to do a WC today and add carbon, and then redose Sunday or Monday. Since she seems to be acting fine and eating well is there any need to remove the medication after 24-hours or should I just wait until Sunday/Monday and do my WC then before my next dose?

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id wait and keep an eye on her. If she is eating well and acting normal you’re good.

Water change before 2nd dose

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back