OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm in ...if i gave you the equipment i have could you design a cabinet to house it all
for an external cabinet? let me know
We do build custom ones but this is a shelf product this was done to keep the costs as low as possible.

I am happy to say that Marine Depot and BRS will soo have them listed. When this is up and running we will release the next round of custom add ons.

Saltwater Aquarium . com has them now :)

TJAVOREK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do build custom ones but this is a shelf product this was done to keep the costs as low as possible.

I am happy to say that Marine Depot and BRS will soo have them listed. When this is up and running we will release the next round of custom add ons.

Saltwater Aquarium . com has them now :)
Question about the controller cabinet. Does it fit in the stand on a Reefer 350. In the website description on SaltwaterAquarium.com it sort of says it does, but the listed depth is 18.5" which is deeper than the 350 and wouldnt allow for anything to be mounted to the front.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the controller cabinet. Does it fit in the stand on a Reefer 350. In the website description on SaltwaterAquarium.com it sort of says it does, but the listed depth is 18.5" which is deeper than the 350 and wouldnt allow for anything to be mounted to the front.
Yes, the 350 is a little shallow, However, there are different face plates and so on to flush mount the items if needed,l Also the face is self-standing so the back of the cabinet can be used elsewhere.

TJAVOREK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the 350 is a little shallow, However, there are different face plates and so on to flush mount the items if needed,l Also the face is self-standing so the back of the cabinet can be used elsewhere.
Thanks for the quick response, it seems like it would be best to just go with the Basic Aquarium Control Board as that will fit in the cabinet along the back.

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would add this here, this is my reefer 625xxl with the adaptive reef cabinet and a Few other accessories, it worked out pretty well for me. I can’t wait to see what else they going to come out with for it
6E4BEC46-DCFB-4001-8744-AA60C814C62C.jpeg

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to start taking new pictures of the units and how they can be set up. If anyone has a cabinet please post a pic, please.

I want to get a bunch of pictures of them in use to have posted on the sites they are sold.

New face plates are on the way :)

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the mention Kyle. Our 1st pallet of Adaptive Reef products were just shipped today and we are expecting it to arrive next week.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 @kyle can I ask about the story of the reef boards like this? The other two say ecotech or Neptune. I’m really interested in the one in picture with two DOS’s. But the one in the picture doesn’t have enough space for a DDR for each DOS. Randy said these are coming in the near future. What says you?

PS I really like my Adaptive Reef probe holder and want to apologize for hounding everyone about an ETA as far back as November 2020.
9BA45F1C-4BF0-4F76-AB29-6DC9FEB98101.png

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 @kyle can I ask about the story of the reef boards like this? The other two say ecotech or Neptune. I’m really interested in the one in picture with two DOS’s. But the one in the picture doesn’t have enough space for a DDR for each DOS. Randy said these are coming in the near future. What says you?

PS I really like my Adaptive Reef probe holder and want to apologize for hounding everyone about an ETA as far back as November 2020.
9BA45F1C-4BF0-4F76-AB29-6DC9FEB98101.png
We are building the first round right now :) We hope to ship around the 16th and expand the line quickly.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are selling the one on the left with the EB832, saw the post with them stacked ready to ship out, is the dual DOS also coming out on the right? Are you doing any more designs like this that are going to be widely available?
We are building the first round right now :) We hope to ship around the 16th and expand the line quickly.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you are selling the one on the left with the EB832, saw the post with them stacked ready to ship out, is the dual DOS also coming out on the right? Are you doing any more designs like this that are going to be widely available?
Yes, the idea is to have quite a few just need to get the first ones on the market and see. There is a lot that goes into these one particularly about 2x the cutting and assembly + LEDs and so much more so its taking a little time

Alex_star

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys sell? Or build any custom cabinets that are designed for the redsea sea max E 170 or at least fit nicely to it? I have. a E 170 had it for 3 years now and I’m thinking about upgrading it and adding an Apex system along with a trident and a Dos but I need it to obviously look organized in the cabinet and I’m not looking forward to a birds nest of wires so I’m looking for a custom solution I am currently thinking about just coming up and building something myself but what better way than just to let a professional do it would be nice to get a reply. Thank you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you guys sell? Or build any custom cabinets that are designed for the redsea sea max E 170 or at least fit nicely to it? I have. a E 170 had it for 3 years now and I’m thinking about upgrading it and adding an Apex system along with a trident and a Dos but I need it to obviously look organized in the cabinet and I’m not looking forward to a birds nest of wires so I’m looking for a custom solution I am currently thinking about just coming up and building something myself but what better way than just to let a professional do it would be nice to get a reply. Thank you!
See adaptive reef - They make and sell these

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They built mine, I provided overall dimensions and did a CAD file for them. Happy to say has been 3 1/2 years and the fan controllers still function as they should and all lights etc work great. I would certainly have them build another surround and boards on a next build.

Alex_star

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, thank you I’ll check out adaptive reef, how did you get a hold of them through customer support? Or is there a place on the website to make building a custom cabinet optional?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
All right, thank you I’ll check out adaptive reef, how did you get a hold of them through customer support? Or is there a place on the website to make building a custom cabinet optional?

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, thank you I’ll check out adaptive reef, how did you get a hold of them through customer support? Or is there a place on the website to make building a custom cabinet optiona
Was easy for me as they are around the corner from my steel shop. I reached out via customer support and detailed what I was looking for. Kyle answered quickly and the build was excellent.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back