Aquascape with TLF Stax rocks

MrWolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I ordered 80lbs of Two Little Fishies Stax Rocks and I try to find the best way to blue them together. not in one big block but in bunch of few piece to make them stack like lego blocks.
I plan to glue them dry then, cure them for maybe a month or two.

I found many product that could do the job but I found as many good as bad reviews on each product.
this is the list of product I found:
Great Stuff Foam
Loctite Marine Epoxy
Aquamend
JB Water Weld
TLF AquaStik + CorAffix
E-Marco-400
Emaco R400 + Acryl 60
IC-Gel insta cure cyanoacrylate gel
Jurassic Gel 4540 reef adhesive
Aqua Scapefix

I don't like the 2 part cement or mortar that need to be mixed before used and it's to thick.
Do you have any recommendation for an easy to use product that is permanent and won't collapse after a years?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, If i spend all that money on rock that just stacks I would want it to be removable incase you want to remove an overgrown coral or say hard to reach aiptasia. epoxy at least will give you ability to pull apart if used in small amount. Anything you mentioned would work I use BRS superglue and instant ocean epoxy for all my rockscape and fragging.

OP
OP
M

MrWolf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I just don't want my aquascape to fall apart because it wasn't strong enough

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I just don't want my aquascape to fall apart because it wasn't strong enough

Bcause of the flat surface its probably the only rock i would consider using without anything so just a small amount of expoxy along the back will keep it secure aslong as your not going for a large overhang.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back