are 2 red sea lef 50 enough?

reef4life!!!

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2020
Messages
291
Reaction score
85
Location
greece
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 65 gallon tank with dimensions : 120cm length X 50cm height X 40cm width and I want to change my lighting. My plan is to have some sps in the top(i am not an sps fan so 6-7 frags at most, maybe 1-2 montipora,seriatopora and i might try some acroporas that don't need too much light), fungia,trachyphyllia and lobos in my sand and then the rest of the tank will be lps all over with 1 section dedicated to zoas(i already have 12 frags and i plan of getting much more) My LFS sujjested 2 red sea led 50 which they said will be enough but i won't have too much light in the corners.Do you think that 2 will be enough or is should get 3?
 
I think 3 would be better in the long run, but you could always try two and go from there. Two of the 90's would also work well.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new