Are these pods??

osu87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2025
Messages
40
Reaction score
43
Location
Burton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the best pictures I could. I recently just noticed these on my glass. I recently seeded my tank with pods. I was hoping that maybe I’m praying that’s what they are?

IMG_7977.jpeg IMG_7978.jpeg IMG_7982.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Anyone???

Yes, they appear to move like a pod would. If the tank is newer, they tend to bloom early on (as food sources are high in newer tanks) and later stabilize to a normal number for the food available.
 
I can't see it clear enough.....might be isopods or copepods or even amphipods.

Here's a common isopod
1740401883694.png


and some copepods

1740401929629.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new