ATI power module schedule

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers !
I'm setting up new tank , will be sps dominate.
Lightning fixture will be ATI power module hybrid (8×54w bulbs and 3 led's clusters).

What is the recommend setting for the led's ?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First and foremost just run the bulbs until your acros are doing well then slowly incorporate the LEDs. Look at them more for bling/supplementation......so adjust for looks only. Everybody I know locally had success going this route.

Back when these came out way to many people scorched acros by running those LEDs right from the get go. Those 8 bulbs will provide the corals with plenty of par.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and foremost just run the bulbs until your acros are doing well then slowly incorporate the LEDs. Look at them more for bling/supplementation......so adjust for looks only. Everybody I know locally had success going this route.

Back when these came out way to many people scorched acros by running those LEDs right from the get go. Those 8 bulbs will provide the corals with plenty of par.
The LEDs gives the extra pop , I thought that I will run only the blues at 50% power , and check it with par meter..

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not about par as much as the magnifying glass effect LEDs can have.

Stand in the sun and your arm doesn't get fried............put a magnifying glasss over your arm and you fry your skin.

We're talking about a month or two so the frags are showing growth and looking good. Then you start slow.............I would go 20% or lower to start.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not about par as much as the magnifying glass effect LEDs can have.

Stand in the sun and your arm doesn't get fried............put a magnifying glasss over your arm and you fry your skin.

We're talking about a month or two so the frags are showing growth and looking good. Then you start slow.............I would go 20% or lower to start.
thanks !!
What about bulb combination?
my plan is :
6 blue plus
1 coral plus
1 Fuji purple

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd focus on adding more Coral+ bulbs and a few actinics. The LEDs are heavy in blues so you can use those.

I'd do more like 3x3 coral & blue+ and two actinics. the actinics dont visually pop the corals but they will excite certain pigments of some acros which will make the actual colors in the corals themselves pop more.

The Giesemann Super Actinic will give some visual pop and also perform the same duty as exciting coral pigments.

I don't like purple+ as they really don't add any type of spectrum that isn't in the other bulbs. It's look is too overbearing in pink visually for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd focus on adding more Coral+ bulbs and a few actinics. The LEDs are heavy in blues so you can use those.

I'd do more like 3x3 coral & blue+ and two actinics. the actinics dont visually pop the corals but they will excite certain pigments of some acros which will make the actual colors in the corals themselves pop more.

The Giesemann Super Actinic will give some visual pop and also perform the same duty as exciting coral pigments.

I don't like purple+ as they really don't add any type of spectrum that isn't in the other bulbs. It's look is too overbearing in pink visually for me.
Thanks mate !❤

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back