ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear, thanks. I plan on ordering four also. BTW, how wide and deep is your tank? Any pics to show-off? How long have you had them?

Had them since release, mounted 13” off the water

3AB89E63-176B-4424-862A-6C6902A70DC8.jpeg

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well, I guess as long as I give credit to Henning Wiese of "NanoReef.de"...

1601937417626.png

The spectrum with all channels at 100%:
1601937448920.png

ATI Straton All Channels at 100% (153 Diodes):
1601937499998.png

UV Channel (18 LEDs at 405nm):
1601937534613.png

Violet Channel (18 LEDs at 420nm):
1601937564490.png

Royal Blue Channel (18 LEDs at 450nm):
1601937635748.png

Blue Channel (36 LEDs at 470nm):
1601937667761.png

Cyan Channel (18 LEDs at 500nm):
1601937694073.png

White Channel (36 LEDs):
1601937718970.png

Red Channel:
1601937749361.png
So appreciative that you produced thsee charts. Have you thought about overlaying the BRS gold stand ATI BLue ?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank build - who did the tank for you? Those lights look so so clean above your tank. Any surprises so far with them?

Planet Aquarium

No surprises at all, I’m still ramping the lights. Sps has been coloring up nice since under these lights-

AC03A3A4-DFD4-4778-A6AB-28675F398CC2.jpeg 98779573-F1F1-4705-9E7E-8759138CA5D3.jpeg

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Owl! I think that you would be fine with two especially if you hang them a bit higher, and dont put super light hungry critters right against the sides.

With a peninsula I think id run the lights with the fronts facing the end of the peninsula, and then not group the segments. If you had two units this would allow you to have 1,2,3,4,5,6 segments from one end of the tank to the other, and you could do really cool sunrise/sunset effects.
would it be possible to do the same cool sunrise/sunset on a traditional tank, i.e., start with the back 1/3rd of the panel, then move to the middle and finally to the front - similar to how the sun comes-up over the horizon?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yall, here is the scoop. Reminder, the instructions that come with the unit are super helpful.

1. The light comes with a time zone in its mind, but it is likely wrong for you and will need to be set under "settings". But it may cause your light, when first plugged in to stay on, not stay on, just run some of its segments, whatever. YOUR LIGHT IS NOT BROKEN, it is just at an odd spot in it's factory programmed lighting schedule. So no panic!

2. When you get the light, it puts out it's own Wifi network.
  • Log on to that, it will be "Straton - abunchofnumbers"
  • Open a browser and type in 192.168.100.1
  • Cruise over to "Settings" which is along the top row of buttons
    • set the time zone for the fixture, the Straton will reset, so log in again with above process
  • Then you can do one of two things:
    • You can just log into the stratons wifi network anytime you want to change things OR
    • You can teach the Straton your wireless network info and it will join your network.
      • You go into settings, click the BLUE "WIFI" button, change the unit from "Access Point" to "Client" and then teach it your home network name, and your home network password (make sure you get these right).
      • When you finish, the unit will restart and log onto your home network.
      • Now you need to find it on your home network, I did this by logging into my home router (192.168.1.1, you can usually find your username/password on the back of your router). Once logged in, go to "connected devices" and find the Straton and it will show the new IP address you will use to access the unit.
      • Once you know the IP of one of the units, you can program all of them when logged into the one (if they are all on your network).
ATI did a good job on the instructions though, read those suckers.
This is an incredibly helpful and I'll be referring to these instructions when I get my lights. So appreciative that you are doing so much to help all of us get up and running with these new lights - thank you.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed another cool feature last night. When doing a water change I wanted to do some top-down coral-gazing and photography. Well, since it is super easy to shut off the individual segments of the lights (front/middle/back) while leaving the others on. It is possible to get great views and pics without a lot of reflection from the LEDs.

Bonus!

(sorry, pic quality not amazing, I need one of those top-down camera tubes)

IMG_4392.jpg
NICE!!!

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too originally had preordered the Coral Care but switched over to the Straton. The trade off was that I will now have to settle for a separate power supply which was not the case if I had stuck with the Coral Care. But the benefits that swayed me to choose the Stratons were the much sleeker and lighter weight design. It was hard for me to get past all that weight hanging over a brand new 180 glass tank. Also the ability to have separate programs for different sections of the same unit was attractive. I had already purchased two Orphek bars to supplement the Coral Cares with extra blues so now will be interesting to see what they do along side the Straton.
curious...do you have the Straton's installed next to your Orphek's? how's the look?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious...do you have the Straton's installed next to your Orphek's? how's the look?
Anecdotally, I would say that the corals pop a little more with the Stratons. Also seem to have a more even color blend that resembles a T5 effect, probably due to the diffuser. So far the reaction of the corals is very good. Haven't lost a one and already see very good growth.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you guys have pretty much helped solidify my lighting decision. Just wish it was easier to direct-mount these 'out of the box'.

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights look amazing -- I just ordered 5 and plan to space them in between my existing 6 kessils. My plan is to custom flush mount them under aluminum channel to hide all of the cords. @ATI North America can you let me know if you sell power extension cords? I will likely need a couple to reach the far end of the bar.
Capture.JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights look amazing -- I just ordered 5 and plan to space them in between my existing 6 kessils. My plan is to custom flush mount them under aluminum channel to hide all of the cords. @ATI North America can you let me know if you sell power extension cords? I will likely need a couple to reach the far end of the bar.
Capture.JPG
I would very much like to see how you hang these over that span. Sincerely hoping the best for this endeavor as this is what I would like to do. Just counting on you to be more creative than me. I am good at iterating toward a better outcome; just not always good at that initial design.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back