ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on a DE youtube account. Some brackets that seem to be tailor made for these fixtures are being used along with a master beam running the length of the tank..
bracket.jpg
Share a link to that video -- pretty please? I found one (400G) where you can just make out that elliptical shaped beam but no closeups.

When this kit becomes available stateside, my battleship 8X80 watt ATI is coming down!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share a link to that video -- pretty please? I found one (400G) where you can just make out that elliptical shaped beam but no closeups.

When this kit becomes available stateside, my battleship 8X80 watt ATI is coming down!

About 1:06

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really debating going with this light for my new tank. It’s a 36x36x18 cube. I feel like I’ll have enough light for the acros as they will be within the 24x24 area and only 8-6” under the waterline. Just curious what kinda par I should expect on the sand bed around the edges.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the exact PAR numbers but I have them on a 26 inch deep tank mounted 12 inches above the water line. Ca consumption has more than doubled. This is after replacing Orphek V4's because the Straton fits the tank dimensions better (24 X24 sections). Have several Acros growing on the tank floor and looking good so IMO they would be more than enough for your tank.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the exact PAR numbers but I have them on a 26 inch deep tank mounted 12 inches above the water line. Ca consumption has more than doubled. This is after replacing Orphek V4's because the Straton fits the tank dimensions better (24 X24 sections). Have several Acros growing on the tank floor and looking good so IMO they would be more than enough for your tank.
I’m sure I’d have the par on the bottom with it only being 18 deep. I’m just more worried if I’d have any decent par at 36x36 spread.

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week update:
Replaced 5x Kessil 360WE w/ 3x ATI Stratons. Tank is a Red Sea 750XXL (6' x 2' x 2'). They both are/were 8" above water.

Rented PAR meter from BRS to not do anything stupid. Its worked. I matched PAR levels as best as I could. That peaked w/ about 60% power from the Stratons on SPS Plakativ setting mid-day. Wow, TONS of light! One week in, nothing's been burned, or retreated or really showing anything other than signs of happiness. I know its pretty soon to say YAY, but "YAY"!

The spectrum on these is fantastic. Some of my SPS that looked great under kessil 50% color still do. Those that wanted more blue are now looking more like the fancy website pix. WD is showing signs of red on the polyps already that I hadnt seen before. Milles are shaggy. Clam is flopping all around. I'll take closeup pix of corals when the hangover passes...

The big takeaway from PAR measurements is that the Flourescent setting seems quite similar to Kessil in terms of output. SPS Plakativ is double that amount. Obviously the spread is quite different.

I'm going to keep these around 60-65% for a few more weeks before I start cranking them up anymore, nice to know that there's plenty of POWAH under the hood now.

IMG_4850.jpeg

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will be here next week and glad I found this thread for the mounting ideas. Ive use AI26hd, XR15, and A360X so the panel size will certainly be a change of pace. I have used full motion TV wall mounts for all the other fixtures but trying to come up with a "safe" DIY method of connecting the Straton to the current mounts with 80/20 or similar seems the most logical to me. Using over a 92 Corner tank (Pie Shape) along with a vaulted ceiling creates some installation hurdles...

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stratons have been outstanding for the SPS but I will give a fair warning for those coming from anything that didn’t have blanket coverage.

I own a apogee 510 and matched the PAR to the G5 radions and yet after a few weeks the LPS were showing signs of struggling not as extended as usual while the SPS looked amazing. Yes I used a whiter setting but again PAR was identical. I did not lose any LPS but they did just begin to lighten up in color with no nutrient changes.

What I’ve learned is there in no doubt more PUR from the coverage of 4 stratons vs 5 XR30 G5 Radions. I backed down my 2 end lights to reduce it by 30 PAR and all of the LPS look great now other than one Duncan that I moved today to even lower PAR.

I would start lower than you expect if swapping lights and raise the PAR from there. SPS never blinked an eye from the light swap.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stratons have been outstanding for the SPS but I will give a fair warning for those coming from anything that didn’t have blanket coverage.

I own a apogee 510 and matched the PAR to the G5 radions and yet after a few weeks the LPS were showing signs of struggling not as extended as usual while the SPS looked amazing. Yes I used a whiter setting but again PAR was identical. I did not lose any LPS but they did just begin to lighten up in color with no nutrient changes.

What I’ve learned is there in no doubt more PUR from the coverage of 4 stratons vs 5 XR30 G5 Radions. I backed down my 2 end lights to reduce it by 30 PAR and all of the LPS look great now other than one Duncan that I moved today to even lower PAR.

I would start lower than you expect if swapping lights and raise the PAR from there. SPS never blinked an eye from the light swap.
Good to know, I planned on PAR mapping (Apogee SQ-520) to match the current Kessils but will certainly take this advice into consideration being a euphyllia dominant tank... with a current nutrient issue I surely don’t need to add any stress.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you cut the red channel off completely by any chance?

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im really thinking about replacing my lights with these or G5 Blues. I watched a couple videos on youtube and the light seems really white. It is possible to get close to the AB+ spectrum and still have enough PAR for SPS?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im really thinking about replacing my lights with these or G5 Blues. I watched a couple videos on youtube and the light seems really white. It is possible to get close to the AB+ spectrum and still have enough PAR for SPS?

sps/LPS setting looks like ab+ from when I had blues and PAR is no issue with the lights 13” off the water

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Read through this entire thread last night, watched 5-7 YouTube videos, and have decided these have a really good chance of going over my new peninsula (6-9 months away.) I absolutely love my Pro Radions though.

The new tank will be 72*36*24 peninsula and be 90% LPS. Hoping I can run only 2 of the Stratons and just raise them up a little bit. Any SPS I get will be higher up and I can make sure they're getting enough PAR.

I really want those brackets though and then hook them into some 8020. Anyone figured this out yet? Can ATI NA get them?

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read through this entire thread last night, watched 5-7 YouTube videos, and have decided these have a really good chance of going over my new peninsula (6-9 months away.) I absolutely love my Pro Radions though.

The new tank will be 72*36*24 peninsula and be 90% LPS. Hoping I can run only 2 of the Stratons and just raise them up a little bit. Any SPS I get will be higher up and I can make sure they're getting enough PAR.

I really want those brackets though and then hook them into some 8020. Anyone figured this out yet? Can ATI NA get them?
Yeah those brackets would be perfect for alot of mounting situations! Maybe @ATI North America can chime in.

Lights are sold out on BRS, I may have to wait awhile to get them.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they're out of stock till sometime in January, second-third week. I don't believe the brackets will be hard to get in, may even get them when I get my two fixtures.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they're out of stock till sometime in January, second-third week. I don't believe the brackets will be hard to get in, may even get them when I get my two fixtures.

Where are you sourcing the brackets from? I just heard back from ATI and they are 90-120 days until availability for the US with no firm date. I'm still just trying to order from Germany and pay the shipping

Back