ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI: my Apex showing the powerbar with lights on it. Guess when I changed from 5x Kessils to 3x Stratons w/ PAR levels matched. Significant decrease in overall usage.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.08.20 PM.png

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI: my Apex showing the powerbar with lights on it. Guess when I changed from 5x Kessils to 3x Stratons w/ PAR levels matched. Significant decrease in overall usage.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.08.20 PM.png
Have you noticed any differences in your corals? I see that it hasn't been terribly long since the change but didn't know if you had seen any immediate changes. Id be switching from Kessil 360x to the Straton when they arrive this week.

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed any differences in your corals? I see that it hasn't been terribly long since the change but didn't know if you had seen any immediate changes. Id be switching from Kessil 360x to the Straton when they arrive this week.
one digitata is showing a bit of stress bleaching (hoping it bounces back). Everything else is looking ecstatic. New colors are already appearing on some of the SPS, which is frankly amazing to me. I have to credit the expanded spectrum with that.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the same thing. Using the mixed reef setting I am getting much more "pop" out of oranges, reds, blues and purples. The other noticeable thing is the much greater demand for Alk and Calcium. Still trying to catch up with it.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
one digitata is showing a bit of stress bleaching (hoping it bounces back). Everything else is looking ecstatic. New colors are already appearing on some of the SPS, which is frankly amazing to me. I have to credit the expanded spectrum with that.
Probably because PUR is higher even though PAR may be the same. Try backing them off a little for while to let everything acclimate.

I was just reading this PAR/PUR idea between halides, T5s and LEDs. Why we see LEDs bleach corals at the same PAR. It is because the PUR is quite a bit higher. My hypothesis is the ATI has more PUR than Kessil. Just my opinion of course

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, I have only had the Kessils running for few weeks and truthfully haven't been very impressed. Really ready to try out the Stratons! Finding a good way to mount over the two over a corner tank will be the next hurdle....

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably because PUR is higher even though PAR may be the same. Try backing them off a little for while to let everything acclimate.

I was just reading this PAR/PUR idea between halides, T5s and LEDs. Why we see LEDs bleach corals at the same PAR. It is because the PUR is quite a bit higher. My hypothesis is the ATI has more PUR than Kessil. Just my opinion of course
yeah, i started a bit low for the same reason... I think in this particular case its more with placement. It was a bit shaded during Kessil-time. I've got 2 other digis in the tank which are higher up, so hoping it can adjust like the other 2 did. Given some reefers around the world are used to almost double what we in the US use for PAR values, its all relative given enough time...

This little guy from a browned-out $20 frag bin is the color change winner so far. Was starting to show some blue & pink. Now its getting unreal in a hurry. Maybe the bargain coral of the decade so far!

IMG_7032.jpg

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered 2 to replace my Powermodule Hybrid... wondering, do you think I could hang these from a single hole like my PM? Or should I run an aluminum bar between the 2 brackets and hang each cord in a series?
F7F17444-DC37-4083-9ED8-D2ED057E73AE.jpeg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered 2 to replace my Powermodule Hybrid... wondering, do you think I could hang these from a single hole like my PM? Or should I run an aluminum bar between the 2 brackets and hang each cord in a series?
F7F17444-DC37-4083-9ED8-D2ED057E73AE.jpeg
Series keeps them square. I have them hanging by 1 rope wire each and they move

Lisaw86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you sourcing the brackets from? I just heard back from ATI and they are 90-120 days until availability for the US with no firm date. I'm still just trying to order from Germany and pay the shipping
If they don’t ship it to the USA let me know, I have family in Germany and can help you to get this brackets shipped here.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you sourcing the brackets from? I just heard back from ATI and they are 90-120 days until availability for the US with no firm date. I'm still just trying to order from Germany and pay the shipping
Are the size specs available? Looks like someone could 3D print them in just a few minutes time.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the size specs available? Looks like someone could 3D print them in just a few minutes time.
I don’t see them, but it would need to be something that tolerates higher heat. They can be made out of z bar aluminum with a band saw, drill, and some paint

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have liked to see a better warranty than the current 1 year. It doesn’t give me confidence it’s built to last.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the same thing. Using the mixed reef setting I am getting much more "pop" out of oranges, reds, blues and purples. The other noticeable thing is the much greater demand for Alk and Calcium. Still trying to catch up with it.

I do like the mixed setting, the SPS Plakativ is very yellow?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back