ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can download others that export their settings, but there is no repository as such that I know of.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, in the main menu click on raster, then what time break down you want.

1656912251099.png

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 60 inch tank that is 20 inches deep with two Stratons right now. I love the Stratons and wouldn’t even think about replacing them but I would like to supplement with shimmer. I’m considering adding a kessil 360x right in between my current fixtures. Do you guys think I will see a health shimmer effect?
I have a 48x30x24 with 1 straton in the middle with 2 A360's on the sides. In my opinion, its perfect!

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Stratons. Is there a way to change settings on all 3 at once? It is kind of annoying to log into each unit and make the same changes.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't set mine up yet but I'm curious about this as well.

At some point I'll want to program them to be heavy blue for morning ramp up and evening ramp down with stronger whites during the peak times in the middle of the day
Lps/sps preset fits what you just described.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on Facebook posted this setup. These are Radion lights but what I’m interested is the railing he’s got on the ceiling. I could see something like that making it oodles easier for me to hang my 3 Stratons so they are lined up nicely.

Anyone have any ideas on options I might have for something like this?

DDF73F9A-6B39-4891-A55A-25F1FD990674.jpeg

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on Facebook posted this setup. These are Radion lights but what I’m interested is the railing he’s got on the ceiling. I could see something like that making it oodles easier for me to hang my 3 Stratons so they are lined up nicely.

Anyone have any ideas on options I might have for something like this?

DDF73F9A-6B39-4891-A55A-25F1FD990674.jpeg
I have almost this same setup but with a straton, will be adding a second within the month. Let me see if I can find a pic

thejacgues

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, did any of you had a chance to compare ATI Straton to Philips CoralCare? What are your impressions?
Which one was more eye appealing and seemed to worked better for the given price tag? So another words, which seem to have a better price : value ratio?

adams901

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought 2 of these, 1 arrived the other waiting for stock.

They are replacing redsea 160s, I chose the mixed reef setting and tested at 65%, they are a lot whiter than the red sea on this setting and some corals don't seem as colorful.

One of my sps frags that looks like it has 3 colors on the redsea just looked white on the stratons.

I do like the spread of the stratons and they physically look much better, and they definitely give more spread.

I'll have a proper play about when the 2nd one arrives, was thinking of getting a 3rd so I have full coverage but that may be overkill, and I'm worried about the RMS mount putting to much weight on the sides of the tank with 3.

Quote Reply
Report Edit

Last edited:

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the spectrum (specifically UV) and spread of the the Radion G6 compare to the Straton and Straton Pro?
Difficult to say as they are not comparison and test from each of this two.I hope she has a better spectrum than the first model, which should not have been great.
I saw her in real as I have friends have it ,the colors and fluorescence seems not bad under it,but about spectrum I can say nothing as we not have data. They seemed to be happy with it,even if the growth seems to be less than the t5, for the friend which had an ati hybrid before.But it is still too early for long term reviews.
When I asked Ati Germany about detailed information about spectrum and the mixing of the colors (as it has no diffuser and I nit believe manufacturer claims without proves or information )they just told me ,you can get the spectrum you want. I found it to be a light answer for a light sold at this Price. The material seems to be good ,the spectrum and diffusion ,we don't know without facts,every time I asked detailed or deranging answer to the head of Ati I got just evasive responses.So we have to believe it without facts and no comparisons.. This give me not enough trust for the moment and even more because some people were not happy with the previous model in Europe,included some coral farmer I know,problably it's why the update came so fast. I found it also clearly overpriced, even if it would be good. Let's wait and see if brs or others will do some serious test ,then we will have facts not just manufacturer claims.

Last edited:

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought 2 of these, 1 arrived the other waiting for stock.

They are replacing redsea 160s, I chose the mixed reef setting and tested at 65%, they are a lot whiter than the red sea on this setting and some corals don't seem as colorful.

One of my sps frags that looks like it has 3 colors on the redsea just looked white on the stratons.

I do like the spread of the stratons and they physically look much better, and they definitely give more spread.

I'll have a proper play about when the 2nd one arrives, was thinking of getting a 3rd so I have full coverage but that may be overkill, and I'm worried about the RMS mount putting to much weight on the sides of the tank with 3.

Quote Reply
Report Edit
If you like the “American windex” look and you have a lot of fluorescent corals and you like the dayglo look, you want to stick with your Red Sea lights because they are pretty much only blue. RS lights, even with the whites at 100% and the blues pulled down to 50% are still windex blue with a low CRI (colors will come mainly from fluorescence, not from reflection).

If you like a high CRI and a more realistic reef look, then whiter lights like the Straton, T5s, MH, are for you.

Depends on preference, they all grow coral.

thejacgues

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@adams901 I feel like wide-spread, rather white lights mimic shallow lagoon reefs, which are SPS heavy.
If you are aiming for LPS mainly tank, Radions, Hydras, RS seem to be the better option.

Question to all of you - how well does shimmering look under the Stratons? As much as I am concerned, widespread angle lamps aren't the best in that matter...

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say there is about half as much shimmer as something like GHL Mitras while looking at them both right now side by side.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a month of no lights (to let the microbiome take hold), I fired up the Stratons yesterday. All I can say is, wow. These lights are incredible. Here's the tank when the lights first turned on:

FBB5D77D-0B17-40DA-9699-48428120E991.jpeg

The spread is fantastic. And the subtle shimmer is just perfect. Coloration is amazing too.

I've dialed in the lights so that PAR maxes out at around 150 at the top (70-90 on the sandbed) with the Mixed Reef program. Flourescent ramp up from 6:30am to 9am. Peak from 9am to 4:30pm with a fluorescent ramp down to 6:30pm. CUC arrives tomorrow and then I'll move a few LPS from my current system over this one.

Screenshot 2022-09-05 181555.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back