ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Gaz6153

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, is this mounted on the back wall? Would you show more of the actual mounting mechanism?
It’s mounted onto a frame bolted to the back of the tank.
the unit used is a tv lifter as used to hide a tv in the end of a bed.
then a simple frame made with T slot aluminium.
one of these was used

This might show it better.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my second unit today and finally mounted them using my radion rms track

6DC5CAFE-35AE-4C3C-A641-50B295AEDC1C.jpeg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those of you with these in a living area (an area where your family is a lot of the time), how is the glare from them?

My wife's biggest objection to my new peninsula is the glare and blue from the tank lights. I plan on making a floating canopy already to help with glare but she wants a full blown, sit on the tank style canopy and I am 100% against that. My current tank has it and maintenance sucks! On a 72x36x24 peninsula, I do NOT want to fight a canopy like that.

So I need to start designing my lighting rack and wondering if a 3-4" overhang on the canopy would eliminate most of the glare? My ultimate plan is to get everything, hang it, and see how it effects us before building but still hoping I can get away with just the floating canopy idea.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on my ecotech rail and can say there is a fair bit of light in the room from them

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get one off BRS today. Still need to find one more somewhere. Once I get them up Ill post some pictures. For now Im going to use my existing ecotech rail and turn them sides ways. Once the ATI bracket comes this way Ill switch to that.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get one off BRS today. Still need to find one more somewhere. Once I get them up Ill post some pictures. For now Im going to use my existing ecotech rail and turn them sides ways. Once the ATI bracket comes this way Ill switch to that.
Says they have 7 in stock at brs

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with these in a living area (an area where your family is a lot of the time), how is the glare from them?

My wife's biggest objection to my new peninsula is the glare and blue from the tank lights. I plan on making a floating canopy already to help with glare but she wants a full blown, sit on the tank style canopy and I am 100% against that. My current tank has it and maintenance sucks! On a 72x36x24 peninsula, I do NOT want to fight a canopy like that.

So I need to start designing my lighting rack and wondering if a 3-4" overhang on the canopy would eliminate most of the glare? My ultimate plan is to get everything, hang it, and see how it effects us before building but still hoping I can get away with just the floating canopy idea.
8B7A4B7E-9C87-4A27-8A5F-564B4D16BC16.jpeg

I have a 20cm high three sided open frame on my tank as i cannot stand light spill.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you sourcing the brackets from? I just heard back from ATI and they are 90-120 days until availability for the US with no firm date. I'm still just trying to order from Germany and pay the shipping
@Kyl
@ATI North America

I keep hoping to hear an update on rail availability. Any hope to give? I have 3 on the way. I cannot realistically hang them without the rail, so the warranty will be ticking away...

My ATI Sunpower 8X80 watt keeps cranking away and heating the family room for me but... I'd really like to hang these up.

Thanks!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Kyl
@ATI North America

I keep hoping to hear an update on rail availability. Any hope to give? I have 3 on the way. I cannot realistically hang them without the rail, so the warranty will be ticking away...

My ATI Sunpower 8X80 watt keeps cranking away and heating the family room for me but... I'd really like to hang these up.

Thanks!
I would find a local fab shop and show them a pic. Bet they could make something decent enough for the time being

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find a local fab shop and show them a pic. Bet they could make something decent enough for the time being
I hear you but in these parts, a custom build would cost more than the 3 lights did. I've tried on some other DIY home projects and it was not even funny. Maybe if I had compatible CAD drawings, I might get a hearing. But I don't.

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow these lights are amazing!!!

I do need some help getting them programmed correctly. Currently my lights only have one segment on at a very dim blue but the chart shows them at 80% for the current time.

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look of these. How much heat do these lights generate? I'm considering these for a 120 gallon tank with a 12" open back canopy.

Back