ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ScottB have you been ramping your lights at all? I’m up to 81% now trying to get to 85 slowly
I peak at 85% for about four hours now, sps plakativ, into sunlight mode, into lps/sps. I noticed orange and more yellow going into the homewrecker and Walt Disney respectively (about 12” below surface and Straton about 8” above water)

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I peak at 85% for about four hours now, sps plakativ, into sunlight mode, into lps/sps. I noticed orange and more yellow going into the homewrecker and Walt Disney respectively (about 12” below surface and Straton about 8” above water)

I agree, the more I ramp the more pinks I’m getting out of my homewrecker

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, the more I ramp the more pinks I’m getting out of my homewrecker
I want to push to 100% but I also have acans, trachys, hammers and torches on the floor 24” down.

my montipora digitata at 18” down have lost colour though I’ think they might be over lit.

would be a perfect light for a 30” deep tank (but 30” must he

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine reach 100% and I have Monti's at 18 inches, hammers at 24 inches along with about anything else you can name. I do notice that I get much greater growth out of the SPS than the LPS corals.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine reach 100% and I have Monti's at 18 inches, hammers at 24 inches along with about anything else you can name. I do notice that I get much greater growth out of the SPS than the LPS corals.
How are you running yours mine are touching each other (i.e. no space) i.e 3 across a 5ft tank.

jcosta98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so anyone running an SPS tank with these lights for more then 2/3 months? What do you have to say about them and What was the previous lights you had? Tank already cycling and will need to buy light soon :p :D

Thank you!

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so anyone running an SPS tank with these lights for more then 2/3 months? What do you have to say about them and What was the previous lights you had? Tank already cycling and will need to buy light soon :p :D

Thank you!

I have been running them since release and changed from 5 XR30 G5 Radions. SPS have been growing and coloring great with very little shadowing

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What the updates are
[/QUOTE]

Its general stability and network functionality improvements. Beyond that I would need to check with the engineers.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you!
Have had them on my mostly SPS tank since last November. Previously had Orphek Atlantiks and prior to that Radions and Halides before that.
Pro's:
Due to the diffusers you get a very even spread with more "pop' than any of the previous lights even with them only 9 inches off the water. This also allows them to be hidden by a canopy.
Very easy to program. No issues since installation.
Better SPS growth than any of the earlier lights by far. Have had to double the amount of Alk and Ca dosed.
Another interesting thing that I think is probably because of the diffusers is that I have Monti's growing 16 inches below that lights and Acro's growing 30 inches below the lights with no ill effects.

Con: Physical installation options are very limited unless you can hang them from the ceiling.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back