ATI T5 Users

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a used 8 bulb T5 fixture. When I tested it for 5 minutes when I bought it, the fans did not turn on.

I am wondering for those who have the fixture, how long does it take before your fans turn on? Is it immediate? I had a 6 bulb fixture 5 years ago and don't recall. On my 24" fixture it is immediate.

I am just trying to figure out if I should swap the fans before I hand the light.

Thanks!

MrPike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a separate plug for the fans that you need to plug in. Look at one of the power supplies, it should have a barrel connector port that you plug an additional power supply into. That power supply is adjustable and let’s you set the fan speed

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a separate plug for the fans that you need to plug in. Look at one of the power supplies, it should have a barrel connector port that you plug an additional power supply into. That power supply is adjustable and let’s you set the fan speed

This was it. I bought the light used and it did not come with the power cord.

I kinda feel bad, the guy gave me a hundred off because the fans didn't work, and I got a new cord for $20. If they work I'll make it right with him.

I forgot all about the fan cord.

Thanks everyone.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back