Aurgh. Wifi going out daily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wifi connection to my Profilux has suddenly started going out on a daily basis. I upgraded the firmware and updated the wifi firmware in the profilux to try to correct it. No dice.

I have an Asus RT-AX82U router. The Profilux and Mitras were set up as static IP's and were working flawlessly for a year or so. I also tried removing the static IP from the router configuration. It still loses connection. The wifi light is up, but trying to get to the Profilux via myghl fails.

I'm at my wits end. Daily restarting of the profilux or router is a drag.

Any ideas to fix this?

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your router?
I had my router fail by sending out intermittent WiFi signals. Your Profilux may have difficulty trying to reconnect each time the signal is lost?

Just throwing out the idea... Otherwise it may be the wifi unit in your Profilux?

Good luck.

OP
OP
bluprntguy

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your router?
I had my router fail by sending out intermittent WiFi signals. Your Profilux may have difficulty trying to reconnect each time the signal is lost?

Just throwing out the idea... Otherwise it may be the wifi unit in your Profilux?

Good luck.
Wi-Fi router is about a year old. I’ve not noticed any issues with anything else connected to it, so I think it is unlikely to be the router

I was afraid it might be the onboard Wi-Fi in the Profilux. I’ll see if those are replaceable.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to log into the P4 directly and not thru myGHL?
If you know the P4's IP address, type that into your web browser. This is only assuming you are home at the time.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back