Auto Top Off for AIO Nano

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a Tunze 3155 on my 90g system and my 34g system for years with not a single fault. I've since sold both systems and am now researching a 45g system and as or right now, I'm going to go with the "auto aqua smart ato micro" because of it's size and simplicity.

Just my 2 cents.

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using the aquahub DIY kit I got from BRS but I am definitely thinking of upgrading.... just dont know to which one.

OP
OP
F

Forkman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using the aquahub DIY kit I got from BRS but I am definitely thinking of upgrading.... just dont know to which one.
So may to choose from! I had no idea that there would be so many choices. I guess it comes down to the best bang for the buck. I am hearing that redundancy is one of the most important factors to consider however.

OP
OP
F

Forkman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a Tunze 3155 on my 90g system and my 34g system for years with not a single fault. I've since sold both systems and am now researching a 45g system and as or right now, I'm going to go with the "auto aqua smart ato micro" because of it's size and simplicity.

Just my 2 cents.
And yet one more to add to the list for my research

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So may to choose from! I had no idea that there would be so many choices. I guess it comes down to the best bang for the buck. I am hearing that redundancy is one of the most important factors to consider however.
I completely agree. Most people say go with the Tunze 3155 but I dont have enough room for the sensors. My current one works well and has redundancy, just not sure how long it will last.

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet one more to add to the list for my research

The reason I'm going with that instead of the Tunze is because of it's small size, it comes with a pump (very small), and it uses a simple optical sensor. By no means am I against the Tunze units because they are ROCK solid but this one is indeed Micro and will work better in the tight compartments of my next build.

It's worth noting that the "auto aqua smart ato micro" is designed for a small tank ie thinner glass. I wouldn't use it on a tank with 12mm (1/2") glass or thicker. The magnet isn't strong enough for thicker glass. But if you have a smaller tank (or you're placing it into a sump system with thinner glass) it should perform splendidly.

Thewatchmangoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're gonna go with auto aqua smart ato, you might as well go up a notch and get it it with the automatic water changer built in. (Awc). It can do small amounts here and there rather than weekly/biweekly.(talk about stability!)

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're gonna go with auto aqua smart ato, you might as well go up a notch and get it it with the automatic water changer built in. (Awc). It can do small amounts here and there rather than weekly/biweekly.(talk about stability!)

What is this "magic" you speak of? LOL

Now I'm going to have to go and research the options available for this unit. :)

Looks like I need to update my "Wish List" a pinch:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/auto-water-changer-autoaqua.html

Thewatchmangoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this "magic" you speak of? LOL

Now I'm going to have to go and research the options available for this unit. :)

Looks like I need to update my "Wish List" a pinch:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/auto-water-changer-autoaqua.html

Yeah it's made for dummies so easy to use and it can do around 5% waterchange every day or every hour or every 2nd 4th day or in 100 days. In my opinion they should charge more for this unit bahaha. I guess we'll see how it holds up. If you do get it, remember to reset by holding the home button for 8 secs anytime you change to new settings or you'll only confuse the system as it's on previous programmed settings and it will let you know by flashing. You can manual mode and pause start stop etc and automode. Also I made an acrylic holder that sits nicely in the back chamber to hold the tubes in place better than the provided clips and to direct the tubes nice and organized. You should buy it. Assuming it lasts long I will always buy one for additional tanks and I'm surprised it's not like some huge hit in the reef world cuz alot of people hate water changes.

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the best investment i've made for my 32. I went with a smart micro ato. Really easy to use and gets the job done!

furcifer208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's made for dummies so easy to use and it can do around 5% waterchange every day or every hour or every 2nd 4th day or in 100 days. In my opinion they should charge more for this unit bahaha. I guess we'll see how it holds up. If you do get it, remember to reset by holding the home button for 8 secs anytime you change to new settings or you'll only confuse the system as it's on previous programmed settings and it will let you know by flashing. You can manual mode and pause start stop etc and automode. Also I made an acrylic holder that sits nicely in the back chamber to hold the tubes in place better than the provided clips and to direct the tubes nice and organized. You should buy it. Assuming it lasts long I will always buy one for additional tanks and I'm surprised it's not like some huge hit in the reef world cuz alot of people hate water changes.

I'm pretty much set on this system. I'm still researching and building my list but this unit has now made it to the top of my must-have list.

Can you share a picture or some pictures of the acrylic holder you made?

Thewatchmangoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty much set on this system. I'm still researching and building my list but this unit has now made it to the top of my must-have list.

Can you share a picture or some pictures of the acrylic holder you made?

Just three pieces of acrylic superglued and it just catches and rests on whatver ridges are inside the chamber and three holes drilled and than I superglued the kit clips to the acrylic to keep the tubes more flat. You can p4ob drill more holes to add dosing tubes as well.
20180718_200517.jpg

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just three pieces of acrylic superglued and it just catches and rests on whatver ridges are inside the chamber and three holes drilled and than I superglued the kit clips to the acrylic to keep the tubes more flat. You can p4ob drill more holes to add dosing tubes as well.
20180718_200517.jpg

Thank you. Great idea and work there. I'll have to "copy" that to some degree on my new build.

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be sure to remember that your water change water is salt water and your top off water is fresh!

Good luck, excited to hear how this auto water change system works out.

So this means I'll need 3 separate containers in my sump to allow for ATO water, New SW, and Old SW. It's going to get tight under there in a hurry lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back