Azure damsel

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone a few weeks back i put an azure damsel from my lfs in my frag tank qt system. He is amazing in colour such a beautiful fish. I’m so glad I finally get to have a damsel. Obviously separate tank from my main display. He got a new friend this week a 3 striped from same store same tank and they are getting along fine. Obviously 4 stripe seems to be more aggressive than azure but if I can say this. The azure damsel is a great fish. For colour and personality and a lot more friendly than other damsels

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, never had an issue with him. He stays active and pretty fat. Seems like mostly an omnivore. I catch him eating on the Nori strips in the morning, but eats meaty food also.

J.chemicals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here! I got 4 stripes damsel about 5 weeks ago, and basically bought azure and yellow tail 3 days ago from the same tank they were raised in. The 4 stripes is bullying the two NONE STOP! -_-

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3 and 4 stripe damsels are dascyllus genus and best avoided. They get really aggressive and give damsels a bad name generally. Azures are chrysiptera genus and great reef tank fishes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back