Azure damselfish

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures above are talbots, not azures. Confused?

I have always found azures to be chickens. Sure they will chase off, but swim away first. I have 6 currently and most live around each other, but do not swim next to each other. Near, but not too close.

Now my cardinals I have had always picked each other down. Threadfins began with 10, after a year had three. Those stayed with me almost 9-10 years though. My dot-dash I had two pairs and did fine for a while, then lost one pair. My bangaii were still a group of 5 for about 6 months before, well, we don't speak of it.
So would you recommend getting an azure damsel to go with a royal gramma and clownfish? I have a 29 gal tank. Just had to rehome a yellow tail damsel because he chewed on my royal gramma.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine, I have three in both tanks. They do not school.
Azure%2BDamsel.jpg

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that may be true, he's still a jerk sometimes to my possum wrasse, fire fish and royal gramma until the later got fed up and now doesn't let the damsel anywhere near him.

Thanks for mentioning this specific interaction. I’ve been curious about this exact combination of fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back